Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monday Night Horse

Go down 
+8
Jellikit
SofaKingLazy
TrumpinJoe
tom905
effsea
JerseyRon
Jordan2652
Johnny Oak
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Last Monday we played our regular HORSE game but I had decreased the blind intervals to 5 minutes. The game ended much earlier than the typical Monday Night games. So what do you think? Was this an improvement, or should I put it back the way it was?

JO
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:28 pm

I think 5 min for horse and 8 game is a GOOD thing.
Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:54 pm

I like the 10minute blinds, no particular reason Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JerseyRon

JerseyRon

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:56 pm

I agree with JWK.
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:58 pm

5 min works for me.....hiccup
Back to top Go down
tom905

tom905

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:58 pm

The 5 min interval is good.
Back to top Go down
TrumpinJoe

TrumpinJoe

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:29 pm

My vote is for 5 minute levels.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:54 pm

I have had a request to raise the blind levels to 7 minutes for the Monday Night Horse game. The problem is that the system only allows a selection of blind levels and they are 3, 5, 10, 15 and 20. If someone knows how to change these values please let me know. We had them at 10 and that made the games way too long, that's why we changed them to 5. If 7 were an option I would do that.

We could go back to 10 minute intervals and lower the chip stack to 3000 if that is what the crowd wanted. It would increase the time between games but reduce the amount you have to bet with.
Back to top Go down
SofaKingLazy

SofaKingLazy

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Not much more to do than select "fast" for game speed to increase the blind increments.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:05 pm

JO, you can't pick an intermediate value like 7 min or 8 min unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:42 am

Something should probably be done. Perhaps experiment w/ the "fast" blind increase speed like sofa suggests. Maybe leave the intervals at 10 mins, fast speed. The game is just a bit too short in the current format imo, requiring almost a turbo mentality.
Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:48 am

Jellikit wrote:
Something should probably be done. Perhaps experiment w/ the "fast" blind increase speed like sofa suggests. Maybe leave the intervals at 10 mins, fast speed. The game is just a bit too short in the current format imo, requiring almost a turbo mentality.

Agree Exclamation Exclamation
Not hearing to many peeps liking it as is. Could try triple stud if the changes don't work out.

Just my 2 cents, Jordan2652
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 pm

For July we will try switching back to 10 min intervals with a 3000 chip stack. See how it works after first Monday. If not, we will just rotate the games on Monday. Omaha one night, Razz the next, etc...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Maya

Phoenix Maya

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:13 am

Some adjustments to the current format would be appreciated, enjoy HORSE. It just that at 40 minutes into the game blinds are 400 and out of necessity it quickly becomes a Turbo shove fest, so looking forward to the changes. cheers
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:19 pm

I would like to propose that we switch the Current Monday night Horse game to an Eight game format. This will include the same five Horse games but also throws in a no limit Holdem and pot limit Omaha.

I would also suggest that we start the Monday night game 1 hour earlier. So it does not run so deep into the night.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Idea we could start em all at 8 as far as i'm concerned..... Cool Cool Idea and again maybe larger blind increases for limit games.... Idea
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Personally, not a fan of 27 draw. But it is an appropriate tank game, if for the title alone. drunken

8 is a rough time. Not sure how many on the west coast would make it either.

Just my .02.
Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:35 pm

8 don't work for me but I'm just one bottle in the case. go with whats best for all.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Have had a couple of questions about the 5 minute intervals making the Monday Night game go too fast. So I am returning the Monday madness game back to 10 minute intervals.

I will continue to set the Thursday night limit games to 5 minutes, because we want to avoid another 6 hour marathon.

If you have any thoughts about this, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Well more than likely I'm part of the silent majority since I like a quick Monday night game.

In life and poker silence is contentment.
If I'm right post, if I'm wrong wouldn't be the first time.

Just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Jordan2652 wrote:
Well more than likely I'm part of the silent majority since I like a quick Monday night game.

If I hear that a majority prefer the quick game I will put it back to 5.

Let me know, what is your preference?
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:38 pm

My preference? Hummmmmmm BADUGI!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I'd like most tank games to last all night long Rolling Eyes and I'd like them all to be badugi with Mondays being NLHE lol. But seriously, I'm good with either time, either format. I can see what Maya and a few are saying about it becoming a shove fest... it does but I can also see where John and the others are coming from also because if not for the blind increase some of us would not play certain games at all, nor would we learn what an appropriate starting hand for said game was. Also, most people are worn out on Mondays, being the night owl I am, after Monday's tank game I don't usually see a whole lot of tankers still online playing... 8pm EST is 5pm on the west coast so I'm not sure how that would affect those peeps, let's hear from west coast peeps Smile WOW what a clarifying light I shine upon the question at hand eh ... hehe Just didn't want to be a silent one. silent
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 am

scratch

I am sort of confused here...

I think that you're saying that you'll be changing the blind intervals back to 10 mins. vs. 5 mins. ... however, I read Honey's response and think that the starting time will change to 5pm (EST).

Nonetheless, I am in agreement with Honey and Jordan in terms of whatever works for the whole. So if letting you know that I like the 10 min blind internals better for HORSE on Monday's and the 5 min ones on Thursday games IF the Thursday games are anything DRAW helps you, then I've done my duty... if not, good luck in figuring it out but know that we love you for doing so! ♥️
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Maya

Phoenix Maya

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: HORSE   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:05 am

I still like the 10 minute /3K structure for HORSE on Mondays, seems with 3 minute intervals that if you blink cyclops twice the game is over.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Hey Tankers

Very Sorry but I messed up. The HORSE game scheduled for tonight was not correct and has been cancelled. For all those that were registered, you will have to register again. The new game is up already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monday Night Horse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Horse   Monday Night Horse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monday Night Horse
Page 1 of 1