World's Greatest Poker Club
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New Member rule board etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
effsea

avatar

Posts : 3582
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 56
Location : G.T.A. Canada eh

PostSubject: New Member rule board etc   Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Howdy All,

My bad.......hiccup

1st off, folks setting things up and writing them down....etc,

lets say I am not very good at....hiccup

drinking/brain damage may be the cause...lol

anyways, I will try to clear things up a bit....I said try...dammit..lol

As for setting up the new boards,

My thinking is.....just having me make all the changes or accepting new members is a bit wrong, so I set up a five member board, thinking this would be much better, 5 heads are better than one.

tank 1

johnny oak runs it....I like to call him king....2 votes
jordan 1 vote
tats 1 vote
dano 1 vote
JWK 1 vote

tank 2

me as head drunk....2 votes
buzz 1 vote
easy 1 vote
annie 1 vote
sand 1 vote

As for new members.......

Lets try this,

Any tank member that would like someone in, be it tank 1 or 2, just post it here in the tank forum,

I will accept them, but please remember....hiccup, you have to let them know the rules of the tank......it's up to you.

this way the board does not have to deal with this, and it will make it easier to get your friends in.

The boards are there to make changes like...times,games or anything that may make the tank better for all,

Please feel free......any member to bring up something you like or maybe added, the board would like to hear it, they need something to talk about besides what a drunk I am..hiccup

please let me know if this is not ok with you all...if this sounds good...go back to having fun...hiccup

tank 1 info,

club id 13711
code cheers eh

tank 2 info,

club id 412190
code hiccup eh

cheers




Back to top Go down
gatehouse999

avatar

Posts : 543
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 54
Location : Gibraltar

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Can I propose Pig Pig and Donk2me ????? FFS Just Asking........ Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:08 pm

gatehouse999 wrote:
Can I propose Pig Pig and Donk2me ????? FFS Just Asking........ Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Only if I get to take target practice with you as the dummy. cheers
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1475
Join date : 2012-02-16
Age : 64
Location : Norman, OK

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:41 am

effsea wrote:

I will accept them, but please remember....hiccup, you have to let them know the rules of the tank......it's up to you.

As I recall there are only two rules that are strictly enforced 1) Respect the other players, and 2) Have Fun

Anyone who violates Rule 1, or prevents someone else from acheiving Rule 2, will be asked to leave.
Then the board will decide if/when they can come back.
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

avatar

Posts : 1483
Join date : 2012-02-12
Age : 37
Location : Follow the Inukshuks

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:14 am

Hiya Éff!

I would liké to vouch for Howitzér2007. Hé is a good guy and a good playér, véry polité and undérstands thé rulés.

Thanks cheers

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Όσο περισσότερα μαθαίνω,
τόσο περισσότερο συνειδητοποιώ πόσο λίγα ξέρω
~ Σωκράτης

study The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know ~ Socrates study

Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

avatar

Posts : 282
Join date : 2012-03-31

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:27 am

zzHONEYBEEzz wrote:
Hiya Éff!

I would liké to vouch for Howitzér2007. Hé is a good guy and a good playér, véry polité and undérstands thé rulés.

Thanks cheers

I second the motion

sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Brayleegirl

avatar

Posts : 275
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 55
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Hiya Éff!    Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Make it a 3rd! Nice guy!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Subject: Hiya Éff!    Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:39 pm

yaya I fourth it , I owe that one a good spanking
Back to top Go down
gatehouse999

avatar

Posts : 543
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 54
Location : Gibraltar

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:17 pm

CHILLI 2 U wrote:
yaya I fourth it , I owe that one a good spanking

Nobody told me THAT was on the Menu . bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

avatar

Posts : 1483
Join date : 2012-02-12
Age : 37
Location : Follow the Inukshuks

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:36 am

Hi all, it's me again tongue

I'd like to vouch for aces048. He's a good guy, good player and is on nearly every night. He has read Howi, Bon and I talking about how much fun we are having in the tank. He has expressed interest in joining because it runs every night with quality players and great peeps.

I have explained the rules to him and he understands.

Thanks for your consideration! cheers

Please give me a shout when/if I can share the codes Smile B


______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Όσο περισσότερα μαθαίνω,
τόσο περισσότερο συνειδητοποιώ πόσο λίγα ξέρω
~ Σωκράτης

study The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know ~ Socrates study

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:29 pm

zzHONEYBEEzz wrote:
Hi all, it's me again tongue

I'd like to vouch for aces048. He's a good guy, good player and is on nearly every night. He has read Howi, Bon and I talking about how much fun we are having in the tank. He has expressed interest in joining because it runs every night with quality players and great peeps.

I have explained the rules to him and he understands.

Thanks for your consideration! cheers

Please give me a shout when/if I can share the codes Smile B



Hi,
I too would vouch for aces048. Stand up chap, always fun to play with.

Timmy
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:02 pm

I'll make my vote as transparent as I can make it..... NO! There are enough that want to play shove monkey in there now... we do NOT need another.

There's a reason that the tank is the best and toughest play money game on PS.... it's because of the people that are involved and keeping out the shove monkeys and maniacs (which has laxed some in the last 6 months, which I've also voted against the others).

The integrity and toughness of the games is something that plays a VERY large part of the tank having that distinction and anyone that wants to play like a maniac or be a shove monkey, that could take that distinction from the tank in any way... is something that I will never be in favor of. Have voted against it in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

If I did vote the other way, then I'd be doing a dis-service to the membership. Upholding the integrity of the tank, for me as one of the board members, is priority one in my book.. and there isn't a 2nd one.

John
Back to top Go down
BUZZLIYEAR

avatar

Posts : 550
Join date : 2012-02-16
Age : 58
Location : durham england

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:35 pm

nice post john i second that
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: New Member rule board etc   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Ill THIRD that for sure , well put!!!
Back to top Go down
megg23

avatar

Posts : 384
Join date : 2012-05-02
Location : canada

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:49 pm

I agree ... well put

flower Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
wetmoose 613

avatar

Posts : 758
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 57
Location : high river ,ab,Ca.

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Sad Sad Sad i m sorry i ll try to do better drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
sandtrap777
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:04 pm

I also agree
Now if we could find a way to get rid of the 2-3 shove donkeys we have, everything PERFECT................LOL

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:19 pm

sandtrap777 wrote:
I also agree
Now if we could find a way to get rid of the 2-3 shove donkeys we have, everything PERFECT................LOL


I agree whole-heartedly!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 am

sandtrap777 wrote:
I also agree
Now if we could find a way to get rid of the 2-3 shove donkeys we have, everything PERFECT................LOL


There will be a thread in the board section later today started by me along with my vote... to throw them out of the tank... so that we can get the games back to where they should be. If they don't want to take the games serious and play proper poker... they should NOT have a home in the tank!

It a big reason why a number of the older members don't play as much (or at all) anymore and needs to be corrected. The others may or may not vote with me, but at least I'm going to try to get the games back to where they should be.
Back to top Go down
Brayleegirl

avatar

Posts : 275
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 55
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:24 am

You guys know I love you all dearly and respect each of your opinions; however in the same respect I must state my opinion here. Crying or Very sad

I love being a member of the tank, you guys have taught me sooooooo much and I continue to learn from each of you daily, thank you!! Now please tell me how others can learn and improve their game if not given the opportunity? How can we think "our way of play" is the only correct way??

You guys have sat at live tables and I guarantee you have been up against all kinds of players, not just players that play your game but ones that challenged you and even frustrated you?? Having the variety in the tank sharpens our game, teaches us how to read others thus continuing to increase our knowledge of the game.

Poker has many aspects and not one of us are pros or even semi pros, sorry if I have missed that and some are?? Actually I have watched the pros and at times I would consider them "shove monkeys"!! We all have our opinions and way of play and we learn from others who play differently. To this end I respectfully disagree with not allowing someone in the tank because you don't approve of the way they play. Not allowing someone in because they are “trouble” I completely understand!

The tankers have become like family to me and even though I don’t agree with the way everyone plays I respect their differences. I know in my own family there are some I would like to kick out, but sadly I cant. Smile Rolling Eyes

As I have stated, this is only my opinion and feel free to kick me to the curve; I will still love you all and thank you for the knowledge base you have given me. study

Thanks!
Kathy

p.s. If you don’t want to vote someone in because of their differences please try to keep it to the board members only, don’t offend other tankers or judge other tankers because of their opinions. Sad
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

avatar

Posts : 282
Join date : 2012-03-31

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:54 am

I disagree with the sentiments being expressed here.

I love playing in the tank and the people that I play poker with here, I have learned much and still have much left to learn. I learned it BECAUSE I had the opportunity to play with a number of players very skilled in THEIR style of poker, in what I felt was a tolerant accepting atmosphere.

Essentially what you are saying is that members can only play in the Drunk Tank IF they play in a manner which you/or the board deem acceptable, or at least that is how I interpret it. In what perfect world does everyone play the same homogenous style of poker and really, how boring. Are we so worried about losing a game or a hand to someone because their style is different from ours that, that becomes the only consideration? Can we not view it as an opportunity to instruct and educate if a member might need some guidance regarding DT philosophy rather than as it appears to me judging them so harshly ??

I freely admit that there are players that I am not comfortable playing with because I am not skilled enough in my game or have enough confidence to be able to counter their style of play, but I would never disclude them because of that. Why would I deny myself the opportunity to learn from them. I learned over the years training horses and taking clinics that there is always something to learn from others even if it is that I learn what I do not want to do.

My understanding and belief is that DT philosophy is FUN FIRST, respect others, play good poker, and we all have our own belief on what good poker is based on where we are on the learning curve. To refuse membership and consider evicting players because we don't care for their style of play, to me is horrifying and to my mind does not follow the philosophy of the drunk tank.

If you find I have to go because I disagree with what you are proposing well so be it, I have loved every minute I have been involved with the tank and always to this point taken great pride in being a tanker.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 am

Not at all Bonnie. I'm saying that someone that intentionally wants to turn the game into a joke, instead of a proper poker game... goes against tank rule #1. Because that is NOT cool and it causes nobody to have fun.
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

avatar

Posts : 604
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 49
Location : Alexandria, VA

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 am

I agree w/ the ladies here mostly. As long as it isn't maniacal jamming too often, which will take the fun out of the game, I don't mind loose play. I may bitch about it for a couple minutes, but really, how else am I going to get chips? bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: : New Member rule board etc   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 am

I agree very strongly with you John, this is not what the tank was founded on. It was a place to learn take pride in playing well , win or lose. There are so many faces who do not show up anymore its very sad, some come once in awhile but alot of ( I wont say old) Ill say original tankers stay away now due to the play. Yes we all donk once in awhile , and usually its out of retalliation for chips stealing etc, but the constant barrage of play with cards that have no reason to be in a hand are not what I ever expected to see in the tank.

I have to wonder if having teams is not contributing to this though, maybe its time to go back to the beginning and just play for the love of poker and learning. I dont think limiting the tank is any different than you who have your own home games and limit it to whom you want.

Just my two cents Smile
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

avatar

Posts : 282
Join date : 2012-03-31

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:43 am

So my question is then, how have you determined that it is an intentional act on the part of players, and how do you determine in advance of playing with a person that a player would do this?? Again I would state if it is perceived as a problem is it not then an opportunity to counsel and educate as opposed to evict.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   

Back to top Go down
 
New Member rule board etc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Ard boyz rule faq
» Warhammer Fantasy Rule Book Available Newport Games
» New member shout out
» Imperial Guard Message Board
» New 40K Rule Book FAQ

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Drunk Tank Forum :: Tournaments :: Drunk Tank1-
Jump to: