Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Member rule board etc

Go down 
+14
Phoenix Maya
Razzys
dale442
mtnestegg
Jellikit
sandtrap777
wetmoose 613
BUZZLIYEAR
Brayleegirl
horsewoman72
zzHONEYBEEzz
Johnny Oak
gatehouse999
effsea
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:37 pm

sometimes it is better for some to make no comments at all
and everyone of us should care...

it was not my intent to offend anyone .. in any way ..with that post
i apologize if it did .. and to yu HB .. if yu took it as so ..

it wasnt aimed at you or anyone
. it was .. just a comment .. in reply to a post as yu had done ..
and as yu said that is what the forum is for ...

i was only agreeing with dans statement of not commenting ... and that
it is better to make no comments at all .
i shld have clarified that ..sorry ..

and everyone of us should care ..--- that came from the heart .. i like the tank and the ppl..
i think they are all a great bunch ..

Last edited by megg23 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 pm

megg23 wrote:

sometimes
it is better for some to make no comments at all ..

and everyone of us should care ..
flower Like a Star @ heaven

As for the red, this is a forum and we are friends here,.... or so I thought so it is open for discussion otherwise what's the point in having a place to talk at all. It sounds like you are telling me to shut up.. and I don't like your post! After everyone of my posts in this section as well as when we are at the table you have had something to say, I have let you continue as you should have your own views, and I respect that. But quite frankly you are starting to offend me and this is something I am getting rather tired of. For example, your passive-aggressive bullying, If you are replying only to do this you are the exact kind of player I have no wish to be in a club with.

As for the green, of course I care if I didn't I would not be here. AND I would not be making posts to discuss and/or help nor would I post my views at all. I also would not be replying to you in the form I am right now if I did not care.

Sincerely yours, zzHONEYBEEzz
Back to top Go down
TrumpinJoe

TrumpinJoe

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 pm

zzHONEYBEEzz wrote:
The second... Why should a player ever tell another player their reasoning or strategy behind a play or a hand choice? IF we are playing as we would in real cash (which I am), I shouldn't tell nor suggest any of you to tell your strategy same as you shouldn't show your cards unless you are trying for a direct effect (I am guilty of both sometimes, and it's something I have learned and I am working on). As in cash games if someone comments my play I laugh at them or ignore them entirely. Unless I get tilted, which is NOT good, and probably what the other player was hoping for by making said comment! lol. In order to read me you have to figure that part out on your own and adjust your play accordingly. Reading players is a skill you either have or have to develop being a poker player, and let me say, hand analysis sections help with that aspect if you can't figure it out on your own, and not just by reviewing your own hands but also reading the analysis of others. If you were playing at a live cash table, would you yell out "I was drawing because you gave me the odds to do so... It's my favourite hand!... I played it because you are so tight/loose." I know I wouldn't. Anyhow just my opinion.
In live play I try to talk a bit to the players immediately next to me. Since they have the most effect on your decisions frequently it helps.

As to showing cards, if I have been on a hot streak and people are suspecting me of overplaying I may show a very good hand every once in a while to make bluffing easier. I only show bluffs to try to tilt someone though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:04 am

OK...I've only read pages 5&6 but it sounds little like some drama brewing , I may be stirring the pot or I may be helping as a peace maker either way you guys can just tell me to STFU or agree with me , but I fell like putting a couple cents in....so here it goes..;

I've been a member of this club for quite some time now , since we played for real money here back when PS opened up the Home Games . The whole reason Eff started this club was to have good solid games with good people that have a passion for the game and enjoy each others company while at the tables. With a no BS kinda crap you have to put up with in open tourneys with all the name calling and drama . If someone made bad calls or chased and caught advise was giving and the person was told nice catch but not a wise decision to chase draws cause you'll wind up losing more money than winning by playing that style of poker. It was also a place for guys like me to strive to play better poker and to be able to say hey I got so and so's (a successful PSOer) bounty last night or I outplayed them in one hand during the game. I feel it's the best home game at PS to improve on my game and to better my skills.After Black Friday , and we could still play but for play money , everyone still played the game like they were playing with real money. the club lost some people, as far as frequently playing in the game cause some people(NONUS players) felt their time was wasted playing just for play money , and their was new people(USplayers) joining the club cause home games and play money tourney's was all they had left to hang on to PS and the good people/players here , even the donks were pleasurable to play with even though one might not agree with their style of play , but everyone had fun none of the drama or bickering at the tables . The bickering took place in the PSO , forum which there was a lot of drama there so everyone took it as a grain of salt , whether you paid attention to it or not . As for myself the only drama I really payed attention to was the "Darkman and" ...shit what was his name ahhh the guy that always corrected every1s puctuation...damm I can't remember right now...anyways....I getting off track here , even that drama got old and due to me finding the Merge Network to play at and other forums I stop frequenting the drunk tank , not because of unhappiness , but lot of US tankrs journeyed places to play for real money , which the whole goal of the Tank was to better your game to go make some money playing open game tourney's.Thanks to the PSO I learned to play the random idiots at other places but I still shoot off the mouth as to why they play the crap they do, just not as quite as much or hateful as I used to . Yes my mouth has simmered alot since the old PSO days where at least once a month I lost a week chat...lol....I'll still throw and occasional DONKAZZ out there but leave it at that , sometimes I won't say nothing at all , I get up outta my computer chair prance around the apartment punching my bed or my leg and my dad and my dog look at me like I lost my fricking mind....Dano said sometimes it's better to say nothing at all then to go off on someone , and I agree with that 100% I was raised if you can't say anything nice about someone don't say anything at all ..al in all it's better for the 2 parties involved cause the next meeting might not be as dreadful and things are forgotten about and pushed under the rug with no extra baggage excalationg the situation.....With that being said ...I started playing in the Drunk tank again bout a month and a half ago a game here and there , and in the last 2 or 3 weeks more frequently and have noticed lot of old faces that have been here prolly as long as me or longer and I noticed a whole lot of new faces and during 1 game bout a week or 2 ago there was someone at my table which was playing lotta hands , was very aggressive and I felt was pushing me off better hands and the one time I said F it and was going to stay till the river to see if this guy had the hot seat or was just over betting to be a pot thief and it turned out I was way ahead pre-flop , post-flop , post-turn , then the river made his hand and the whole time he was betting on nothing then a draw and then he hit , which dwindled my stack down to pratically nothing and I was PISSED!!I didn't say 1 word to him , but like next hand or 2 I shoved the remainder of my chips in with a mediocre hand just to try and suck out but I got railed. He put me on tilt and I say cudos to him in my mind and made notes on him . I went to another table someone was talking about him on a personal note and I chimed in from the rail "I got notes on him and none of them are good" , next thing I knew everyone jumped my case bout how he is a nice guy and his wife is too don't say that bout him .I felt bad for sticking my foot in my mouth , cause I had no right though I wasn't bashing him personally but the way he played. I apologize to those that took it the wrong way . I realized I'm not in the loop anymore and I've been a ghost around here , so in that sense I should of not of said anything at all and thought before I spoke.I WAS VERY PROUD OF THE TANKERS THERE STICKING UP FOR ONE ANOTHER WHEN SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT A FELLOW TANKER...LONG LIVE THE DRUNK TANK!!!!!!!! What really bothered me was someone said it's a play money game who cares how he played and my play isn't any better, now that really got under my skin and got my blood boiling and I thought WTF dude THE DRUNK TANK ISN'T ABOUT IF IT'S REAL MONEY OR PLAY MONEY IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF PLAYING GOOD POKER AND CARING BOUT THE GAME ENOUGH TO PLAY RESPECTFUL OF THE GAME AND NOT BE RECKLESS AND CAREFREE...I didn't play here for a couple days after that remark , partially due to my embarrassment of shooting off at the mouth and partially because it was and old school member saying that to another (I consider myself)oldschool member in a disrespectful matter.The person that said that to me I understand you was just sticking up for the newer guy to someone that hasn't been around in a long time...so another KUDOS FOR THE TANKERS I gotta say cause that's a true meaning to being a tanker....The next time I showed up here I managed to keep my cool when me and this person was on the same table didn't say a word just sat there played my game he played his and i took him in a couple hands he took me we both were respectful to each other and it turns out he really is a nice guy , his playing style I still don't agree with ,but after playing on the Merge network I've realized lotta people play that way . It's a controlled aggression and there's atsrtagy to it ..it's not my style , and everyone played the same way poker would be too boring and predictable which it prolly wouldnt be as popular as it is....MAN!!!!!! My 2 cents just turned into $200 sorry for such a long post it won't happen again lol welll not as long...but I can go to sleep now after getting alll this off my chest....CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG>>>LOL GN TC AND SEE YAS AT THE NEXT GAME!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:31 am

gatehouse999 wrote:
Okay let's make a couple of general rules. You can only play Pairs Or Related Numbers, we will call this P.O.R.N for short also I suggest playing Tight In Threeway Situations, we will refer to this as T.I.T.S. Now the object of this post is try and at least make 1 person smile and or titter(pardon me) and bring the Tank back to thr FUN side of life. Have a good day. Gate bounce bounce

Now that's too funny....I know I know I said I was going to bed but I decided to read from the begining to see where all this drama steamed from and to try and remember the other name of the great on going soap opera of the PSO forum....and Brandy had to help me remember lol Tazzz good ole "darkman and Tazz" fights ...those where some great episodes..lol.....god I wasted lot of time reading those 2 going back and forth at each other LMAO.. Allow the person(s) in question to stay. If their behavior isn't unbearable and are good people let them play with us , if they are commandos what's better us getting their chips or some unknown....Let them stay....Ok I'm out for real now good night
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: The Tank is Tops In My Opinion   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:00 am

I was invited to join the tank quite a while ago, before BF. I was woot-wooting and nervous as all get out to play with these fine players. I even won a cash tank tourney once, and let me tell you the thrill of that win was much higher than when I won a PSO League game. Why? The competition was hella ferocious and every person playing was WAY above my level in my opinion.

Then something awful happened, and from it, something good. The awful was the Black Friday that killed all US players from cash games. (I keep wondering if it was meant to happen on tax day April 15). Well the good that came from this was Tank 1 was not disbanded, with all the non-US players moving to a new home game or the US players just going homeless. Instead, there was the creation of two Tank Home Clubs. Cash money and virtual (play) money. And to my amazement, the people who COULD leave and play cash games, STAYED and played with us Americans. Not just one or two people either, bunches. And they are still regulars.

They have my utmost respect for keeping Tank 1 going, playing virtual money, even though they could be playing for cash during those 3 to 5 hour daily tourneys. Says a lot about these folks. I also will never forget when an Original Tanker passed some chips to me so I could play in the tank games. I thought that guy hated me, despised my play and my presence. Nobody gives a boatload of chips to somebody they hate or despise. Turns out he is someone I highly respect, because he treated me with decency and kindness, and made sure I had enough chips to play tank games for quite some time.

Thanks to all of you for the friendship and the camaraderie, and for sticking it out when times were bleak and uncovering a rainbow for the rest of us.

Ok I actually think i'm gonna cry now. You are all so special! I'll be seeing you again real soon!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:29 am

kvance1972 wrote:
What really bothered me was someone said it's a play money game who cares how he played and my play isn't any better, now that really got under my skin and got my blood boiling and I thought WTF dude THE DRUNK TANK ISN'T ABOUT IF IT'S REAL MONEY OR PLAY MONEY IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF PLAYING GOOD POKER AND CARING BOUT THE GAME ENOUGH TO PLAY RESPECTFUL OF THE GAME AND NOT BE RECKLESS AND CAREFREE...

That's been my point from day 1 of this KV. The ones that don't care and the ones that are behind them, let them in here, support the ones that don't care and defend the ones that don't care's actions..... should NOT be here and the games will not be straightened out until that happens. If you won't respect the game and won't respect the others at your table and the others that are in the game, that goes totally against all the principles that the tank was started on (what you stated, plus the fact that we're all here to have fun with EVERYONE in the tank, not just a small group of 'my friends only'.)

I also 100% will say, that until the games are back to what they should be, I won't be in them, as it's a waste of my time. I'd much rather spend my time helping out players that want to make their game better (which is what the tank used to be, good poker with everyone trying to make each other better) or working on my own game.
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:17 am

Where to start....hiccup...lol

I have different groups....lol.....wanting different peeps booted

effin funny

ok...anyways

peeps come...and peeps go

this is a place of fun.....you don''t like it.....leave

but please...if you ever find that place where everyone gets along...please fill me in.

there can only be one............hiccup...lol

so....not booting peeps unless they become a total ass......plain and simple,

not because of your play or stlye.....just your actions

if I did....it would be just me and johnny left

hiccup
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:44 am

Like Will Rogers always said, "I would never want to be in any club that would consider having me as a member."
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:17 pm

TrumpinJoe wrote:
zzHONEYBEEzz wrote:
The second... Why should a player ever tell another player their reasoning or strategy behind a play or a hand choice? IF we are playing as we would in real cash (which I am), I shouldn't tell nor suggest any of you to tell your strategy same as you shouldn't show your cards unless you are trying for a direct effect (I am guilty of both sometimes, and it's something I have learned and I am working on). As in cash games if someone comments my play I laugh at them or ignore them entirely. Unless I get tilted, which is NOT good, and probably what the other player was hoping for by making said comment! lol. In order to read me you have to figure that part out on your own and adjust your play accordingly. Reading players is a skill you either have or have to develop being a poker player, and let me say, hand analysis sections help with that aspect if you can't figure it out on your own, and not just by reviewing your own hands but also reading the analysis of others. If you were playing at a live cash table, would you yell out "I was drawing because you gave me the odds to do so... It's my favourite hand!... I played it because you are so tight/loose." I know I wouldn't. Anyhow just my opinion.
In live play I try to talk a bit to the players immediately next to me. Since they have the most effect on your decisions frequently it helps.

As to showing cards, if I have been on a hot streak and people are suspecting me of overplaying I may show a very good hand every once in a while to make bluffing easier. I only show bluffs to try to tilt someone though.

I talk all the time, way too much most of the time Very Happy

Ditto Joe, I'm with you for showing cards with a purpose. I do have a tendency to show too many because I think, Oh if I show to so-and-so and I don't show to this guy/gal they will think I'm bluffing or not showing out of disrespect and then I show them too and then next time I think well now if I don't continue to show then the rest will think I'm bluffing and when I need to bluff I won't be able to... and so on it snowballs on me. affraid loool I have seen and read some others having the same problem of showing too many hands and so was just making this post to try to help them, and myself also as I'm talking it out, by showing a good reason for not showing.
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Great posts mphnascar & kvance!

Obviously we will all sometimes feel upset, angry etc at poker or pokerhands, we are not robots, this will happen. I know when I get upset at poker I try (sometimes unsuccessfully lol) to tell myself that poker is not personal, it is only a game and if it isn't fun it's time to step back a bit. Players play poker and it is an attack (to our stacks), because of the nature of the game but we have to remember that isn't a personal attack it is just the game. Personal attacks are definitely not cool in any form, but poker isn't personal, heck, here it isn't even a person dealing it.

mphnascar, that was so sweet, you nearly made me cry!!! I don't think I've met you yet, but have read your posts and I think you're great with the heart of a true tanker!

JWK I understand where you are coming from, and I agree that people that do not care should not be here. I know it must be really hard for you feeling as if the place you love and call home is being upset or changed into something other than what you thought it was. If I have had anything to do with this, I sincerely apologise. I miss you in the tank, you are always a challenge and such a great help to me understanding concepts of poker, even if you did not know it. Thank you.

Eff & JO, what can I say, love you both, you guys are great. Thank you both for so much for everything you do, AND put up with!! I apologise to you both also for anything and/or everything I have done to contribute to any of the problems here.

I am not really religious but I really like this song, and this is what I try to tell myself when I get discouraged or worry too much or gee even get angry @ poker. Very Happy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jdbFOidds
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: New member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:15 pm

megg23 wrote:

sometimes
it is better for some to make no comments at all ..
and everyone of us should care ..

As for the red, this is a forum and we are friends here,.... or so I thought so it is open for discussion otherwise what's the point in having a place to talk at all. It sounds like you are telling me to shut up.. and I don't like your post! After everyone of my posts in this section as well as when we are at the table you have had something to say, I have let you continue as you should have your own views, and I respect that. But quite frankly you are starting to offend me and this is something I am getting rather tired of. For example, your passive-aggressive bullying, If you are replying only to do this you are the exact kind of player I have no wish to be in a club with.

As for the green, of course I care if I didn't I would not be here. AND I would not be making posts to discuss and/or help nor would I post my views at all. I also would not be replying to you in the form I am right now if I did not care.

Sincerely yours, zzHONEYBEEzz

Amazing , first of all HB Meg was responding to a post Dano had made and not you, but you coming up with a post like this is just part of what John was getting at, and certainly what I have seen in the group mentality that has entered the Tank, Meg wouldnt say chit if her mouth was full of it and omg a passive aggressive bully. What planet do you live on, I have seen her and others snubbed night after night in the home games and never say boo.
I read your post twice as I couldnt believe what I was seeing , this is just abit over the top and you want to get along with everyone... and then say that Meg is exactly the kind of player you dont want in the club. GEEZ
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:45 pm

if you notice the time stamps on that, she edited it to say that afterwards... twice, within nearly 2 hours. I quoted her entire original post, which was posted directly after my post.

What I actually said was if that was what she was doing, then she is exactly the type of player I have no wish to be in a club with. I didn't say she didn't need to be in the tank, that isn't for me to say, but what I said were my feelings and is how I feel. There seems to be alot you don't know about and I know there's alot most of you don't know as to this story. The fact and problem is I cannot share my information as it would directly violate privacy agreements. We are all grown ups here and can say what we feel, noone stops her from saying and doing the things she wants. I do try my best to get along with everyone but I am human and have feelings and when I am goaded, mocked and prodded repeatedly, made to feel that someone has a personal problem for which I cannot find any reason other than being myself and yes, indeed bullied and censored... well I have to say so and stick up for myself. As for people snubbing her well that's not my fault, what I do know is if a lot of people were snubbing me maybe I should look to myself for the answers as to why this was happening as I MUST have done something to these people.

As I stated a couple of weeks ago, I am finishing out the month with the Funny Farm if I am allowed to stay.

You want to call me out on it, fine, you are also entitled to your opinion, but you should know there is alot more to this that you don't know. I hope you never experience the things I have.

Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Oh, will post seperately as you will know what my entire original post says.

I guess what I'm being called out for here is for saying my feelings out in public versus in private where noone else can see what's being said.

If this is unnacceptable I apologise, but I stick by my posts and my feelings.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:35 pm

yes hb i edited it ./ not denying that atall
but that was to explain to yu and apologize if yu took it wrong ..
and unfortuneatley yes it was after your post .i put it in
.. but as i stated it was in reply to dans and nothing else ./my error for not clarifying it right off

the second edit was i forgot to leave in the original and i didnt want to do that ..
so i put it back .at the top
. and thats all .. unfortuneately i am not so computer friendly so it takes me a couple trys..
i am not makeing this a personnel issue and im sorry yu are takeing this personally .. that was never what was intended ..
you are entitled to your opinion and your feelings ..and also doing and saying what yu want ..as yu have ..
i was open and honest with you
and im sorry if you now feel you need to use that to make me the heavy here ..
i guess that was my mistake and hopefully this will bring this to an end ..

flower Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
gatehouse999

gatehouse999

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:37 am

Really sorry to De-Rail a bit and amuse myself but if there's gonna be a catfight can we do it in Custard ? It's always been my fav and i just can't get enough....... Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy Have Fun Ladies and remember NO hair pulling or biting, I think I better stop here.
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: OK... here goes nothing; my thoughts on issues causing The Drunk Tank to stress the eff out   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:45 am

I've received a number of requests to re-post what I originally posted the other day BEFORE I turned around and lost my mind the moment after posting. So here is what I posted... I still feel the same on many points I touched on below... however, I am a bit taken back about how this all got so out of control and although I didn't keep my mouth shut like I normally do... I am not sorry for why I felt this needed to be posted.

Sorry effsea, I promise I am not ignoring your posts throughout this thread. In a perfect world, the thread would have stopped immediately after you re-iterated what The Drunk Tank is and isn't.

It was pretty cut and dry and didn't ask for feedback from what I took away from what was written. However, you've created an atmosphere where we feel we are welcomed to be ourselves and to be open and honest about our points-of-view.

How boring would the world be if we 100% agreed across the board. (no pun intended)

The opinions shared about the fun, the poker play, the essence of the Tank, etc. have all been covered quite well by multiple members of this group. Thank you all for voicing your thoughts. I thank my lucky stars everyday for having had the opportunity to meet and come to know all of you. What a great group of people, hands down!

With that said... I am going to put it out there now that the rest of what I am going to say isn't going to sugar-coat, pussy-foot around, and try to be politically correct in hopes of trying not to offend anyone. Anything written can and often is easily misinterpreted by someone... all I ask is... if you should find that something I've written has offended you... before you get up in arms over it... consider my nature and consider having common courtesy to allow me to clarify if necessary. It is not my intent to disrespect or to piss anyone off or to single anyone out.

So first off... I have to say how disappointed I am with the blatant disregard for the potential life and death environment being created here. (yes, I am being serious)

If effsea wanted drama... he'd have stayed over in the PSO forums. If you take a moment to stop and realize that this was the place to get away from crap like this.

"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Creating a "Board of Directors" in theory is a good idea. However, it isn't fair to ask people that are genuinely wonderful people, that... like the rest of us, come here enjoy themselves to accept a responsibility to protect and "police" a place that was created in the spirit of being a "non-policed" place to hang out.

It creates and "us versus them" mentality... and mutiny on the bounty is what we're all about in The Drunk Tank...

It is my hope that my strong feelings that The Drunk Tank will persevere if allowed to "self govern" will prove to be true. Historically speaking though... it often proves otherwise. I'd like to think we have such a diverse and incredibly sincere cast of characters here in the Tank that we'll be able to sustain this place we've all had a hand in creating.

Those that wish to be what I call "SPOONS"... cuz they like to stir the shit will have a tough time finding tolerance or acceptance of their behavior and in the general course of things will move on to greener pastures that will fulfill whatever negative drama-fied environment they're looking for and by all means... get on down the road sooner rather than later if this is the type of person you are.

There is something to be held sacred in some of the old adages we've been raised by...

I find it interesting and a bit ironic that I posted the following in the PSO forum almost one year ago from today... back on November 26, 2011 I wrote:

Quote :

"It has almost been one year...

... Since we lost a fellow PSO Skill League Member, gs.rockman.

The last few days, I've spent a great deal of time sifting through the forum to get up to speed with all the happenings" and as I put it to another member have had just about all I can stand and that I feel like my soul has been sucked out of me.

Then tonight something made me revisit a past post of mine, one that was the start to a new found relationship, the PM was from effsea just letting me know that he thought what I wrote was kind and beautiful... if I remember right. So I suppose I went back to revisit it as I thought about how I met effsea to see what it was that I wrote. I wanted to remember what it was that moved him enough to send me a PM about it...

When I pulled it up... I was then reminded of how our community of PSO Skill League members pulled together and all pretty much had the same tone to each of our condolences. We were so heartfelt and so centered on how much class gs.rockman showed and every encounter we each had with him was appreciated for the way he carried himself at the tables and how he made us feel. What each of us wrote actually meant so much to his family that all of our posts were buried with gs.rockman... so a little piece of each member that had something to say is resting with him today.

In looking at the forum posts today, it seems many of our members may have forgotten what it is that at the end of the day makes us continue to come back here and do whatever it is each of us do when we get here...

As a reminder, here is a link to the thread that I am speaking of:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/forum/showthread.php?29132-PSO-Memeber-Passes-Away&highlight=dash

If you take the time to review the seven pages written to the family and friend that shared with us how we'd become important to gs.rockman, you will be reminded of some really great contributors that once frequented the forum that sadly, from what I can tell we don't see all too often, if ever anymore. My goodness, how I miss so many of them so very much and wonder where they are and how they are.

For my friends that I probably bug too often like Moxie, iseecookies, and perhaps a few others... I will say to you what I have said to them many times when I send PMs their way and realize that I am writing a darn novel... when this happens I will always ask myself as if I am in the audience so to speak... "... and my points is???"...

... thankfully, I think I have one this time... My point is... probably best summed up in they way my dad brought me up... in quotes... the first that comes to mind is...

"Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" (Can't help but think in writing this, if I should be reminded of this myself right now.)

"Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one... nobody needs another one." (I realize this is a forum and opinions are also points of view that we share to learn and grow from one another... however, when one is not open to realizing that what they are trying to force down others throats as truth... things get a bit touchy and tempers flair.)

"Perception is reality" (This is a crazy fact about everything in life and unfortunately perceptions we have on any given thing are often so far from reality it is just sick. Nonetheless many of us never step back and take the time to ever let this possibility occur to us.)

"None of us is as smart as all of us" (This one is actually from the best mentor and boss I've ever had that sadly also has passed on and I only pray to meet up with him again someday.)

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." (Honestly, if it isn't constructive or meant to help others better their game, their mood, their overall well-being... I am not sure there's really much room for it here in the forum, take it to a PM and hash it out there. Not too much positive ever comes from degrading other players no matter how ridiculous you might find their posts may be... again, perception is reality and sometimes they just don't know any better and that is the point... at least I believe the point of this forum is in place to help teach others another perspective of the game, the attitudes, the line of thinking that keeps them from being able to consistently raise the bar in their game and go from the point they are at to a player that is able to show they've consistently made their game one that has a positive ROI and has shown responsible BR Management, that is always a student of the game looking to what many of us dream about one day finding themselves winning that life changing pot... at least I think many of us dream of this... I can't imagine taking all this abuse otherwise! lol jk)

And to sum up what it is I am trying to say...

"Do unto others as you'd have done to you" (When you're getting ready to post something, it is worth asking yourself... if I were in the other guys shoes... would I want to get a response like the one I am about to send? In the end, if anything you'll be helping to lead by example and help by being a part of the solution vs a part of the problem. If you're about to send off something in response to a careless and/or disrespectful post... it is also a good idea to ask if it is really worth stooping down to that level, again... is it really that important...?)

"Two wrongs don't make a right"... oh and one more, "When you're right, that's all you are..."

I am disappointed when I look back at the hours upon hours I've spent reading the posts to find that I haven't been able to take away much in terms of learning more about bettering my game.

It is my hope that in the spirit of the holiday season that has come upon us so quickly that we re-invent ourselves for the coming New Year and that each member of this forum gives what I've written some thought and might appreciate the message I am trying to express...

To all of you may you have a safe and happy holiday season. Good luck to all out there while you're grinding it out at the tables and to those of you that are our teachers and have given us your insights and advice... I'd like to thank you for all that you have done and continue to do to help us all become better players.... hopefully in this coming year we
continue to see this as well as see us all help each other become better people in the process.

♥ Michelle

Instead of saying basically the same that I felt so strongly to say last year, I copied it over and highlighted the things I feel are important to think about and to consider.

The deep rooted love and genuine passion about how most if not all members of The Drunk Tank feel is something worth preserving and protecting. Kudos to John for trying to do this.

However, often times we inadvertently set our appointed "leaders" up for failure. If you promote people to lead that aren't ready or are very green at managing people, you must be prepared to coach them as they go... to ensure they learn and continue to work on bettering themselves personally and professionally.

I believe John's heart was in the right place, the "put my foot down"/"not open to discussion" type leadership probably wasn't the best tactic to use to achieve the desired results. Instead, it has created a huge split amongst the troops so to speak...

We must fill this gap and come back together... "United We Stand/Divided We Fall". We all are in agreement of the basic principles The Drunk Tank holds sacred. There is no reason we can't all come away from this "hiccup" and be that much stronger and banded together as we remind each other why we actually give a shit enough to read this post in its entirety... hell that's care and commitment if I ever saw it, right? lol

Had to end on a lighter note.

Love you all very much... even the assholes and cocksuckers (you know who you are.) KIDDING, KIDDING... lol

♥ Michelle

P.S. As a side note, in my opinion...

It would be an injustice to boot players for their style of play as we face all kinds out there and what a rude awakening it will become when we can't hold our own out there in the real money world when our tournament life is in the balance or our bankroll is in jeopardy, etc. etc. etc.

The opportunity to better your reads on players and practice making "good decisions" to counteract their actions to benefit your stance in the scheme of things is the ultimate goal... playing nice ABC by the book/standard poker, with no varying playing style will ultimately leave us incredibly vulnerable and if we were to go along to get along with the no shove monkey, donk-fest, kamikaze moves at times... we will often have a false sense of confidence that we are good poker players. So careful what you wish for... you just might get it...

Last edited by chelle867 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Re-posted original post per a number of requests to do so...)
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 am

Putting on another pot of coffee to digest the latest posts here.
Michelle's just proves...women forget NOTHING!!!
lol! elephant lol!

I do want to quickly say that as I glanced at a couple lines here and there...I personally don't feel like I'm in a policing situation as a board member. I just give my two cents on situations, suggest things (like anyone can), and give a vote which is only 1 of 5 and counts as 1 of 7. I only feel a responsibility to weigh in on matters, not decide them nor influence them. I feel very comfortable that the board voting results on any issue will be the best resolution, so if they don't vote the same as me, I'm more than cool with that.
Okay,,,gotta find the extra-caffeinated blend now. scratch
bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TrumpinJoe

TrumpinJoe

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:18 am

Well said Chelle. I play here, when I have the time, for the enjoyment. I may not chat a lot but I enjoy watching the banter when I am not in a hand or surfing. We are each here for our own reasons. Personally, I am quite tolerant of other's play as I welcome the challenge of finding a way to exploit it. (I never enjoyed the PSO leagues as the best strategy was to be ridiculously uber-tight, i.e, not play.) To me poker is like a jig-saw puzzle where you have to find the right piece for the place. In poker its the right action for the situation.

One lesson it took me way too long to learn is that I am responsible for my own happiness. If I let others take it away it is my mistake and not their's. No matter how they act or what they say, I am still am and will always be me.

chelle867 wrote:
Those that wish to be what I call "SPOONS"... cuz they like to stir the shit...
I've always called them sparrows as they stir up sh*t then fly away.

As always YMMV.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:25 pm

I give up .............

All Im thinking is one flew over the coocoos nest
and
did you know organic oatmeal blossoms are fertilized by free-range goat turds

needing some of jellykits coffee
Back to top Go down
Brayleegirl

Brayleegirl

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:27 pm

gatehouse999 wrote:
Really sorry to De-Rail a bit and amuse myself but if there's gonna be a catfight can we do it in Custard ? It's always been my fav and i just can't get enough....... Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy Have Fun Ladies and remember NO hair pulling or biting, I think I better stop here.

How about Jello Gates?? With wet T-Shirts?? lol!

OMG you make me laugh!!!!

AND....... lol! TJ; love it!! lol! Laughing
Back to top Go down
joy7108

joy7108

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Chelle, thank you for a very eloquent post. Differences will always arise in large groups, it's how we handle them that is a true measure of our worth.
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:57 pm

joy7108 wrote:
Chelle, thank you for a very eloquent post. Differences will always arise in large groups, it's how we handle them that is a true measure of our worth.

ty Joy (blush), guess I didn't handle it too good after all... I sure miss playing with you....

Ty TJ as well... hearing from you both means a lot to me... very wise words and great advice always from you two.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day.

♥ Michelle
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: My Turn...   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Like effsea once said... it's been fun.

I wish everyone the best, take care...
Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Brayleegirl wrote:
gatehouse999 wrote:

How about Jello Gates?? With wet T-Shirts?? lol!

OMG you make me laugh!!!!

AND....... lol! TJ; love it!! lol! Laughing

turn on the webcam. Very Happy

Chelle, where did it go Question I got a cup of Dano's coffee and poof its gone.
You had some good points, sorry I didn't get to absorb more. thx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member rule board etc
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next