Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September

Go down 
+5
chelle867
horsewoman72
Johnny Oak
TrumpinJoe
Jellikit
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Empty
PostSubject: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Hey everyone, just wanted to let y'all know about a special tournament the Drunk Tank 1 will be hosting for the month of September....We would love to have everyone come out and join the fun.

Here are the details:

Sadie Hawkins Tournament: September

Sunday at 9pm - This tournament is just a piggyback scoring system, all that means is that the regular PSO games on Sunday night will still be played. Sadie Hawkins players will not only be scoring team points for PSO, they will be scoring team points for them and their partners.

The tournament will be played on all 5 sundays in September. This will give you and your teammate 5 scores, you will be allowed to drop your lowest score.

Any female interested in playing in the Sadie Hawkins tournament please contact FaeryTits (Rose)

Any male interested please contact Jellkit (Dan)

After we have a list of male and female players, the female players will choose a number. That number will correspond to a male partner that Dan will have a list of.

If you're interested in playing please contact us by August 31st. The women will be picking their numbers on September 1st and the first game will be played on September 2nd.

Prize fund is still being worked on for this tournament and will be announced shortly.

Thanks

The Drunk Tank Board

Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Please spread the word everyone. Let's tell people at the tables, or wherever, to come to the forum and read about this.
Guys, if you wish to play, please send me a pm here. It will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, as we only have enough spots to equal the number of ladies who wish to participate.
Thanks,
Dano alien
Back to top Go down
TrumpinJoe

TrumpinJoe

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:34 pm

What time will these events start?

Edit: Found it in first post. Got to read, not skim, when I'm looking for something.
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:16 pm

Bump bounce

Remember to mention at the tables tonight for guys and gals to get into the forum and sign up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 3:34 pm

I'll announce it if I get in there tonight. Have a lot of things going on here that need to get done before I go back to work on Tuesday. The biggie is getting my sleep schedule back on track since I most certainly can't be crawling into bed when I am supposed to be crawling out of bed for work...LOL

Hopefully I won't need to much of a revamp though since I won't be driving this year so going to work dragging my arse won't be a dangerous thing...LOL

Tits
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:02 am

FT, If I am eligible to play, I would like to. Just let me know if I can play in it. GmaJudy
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:54 am

Every single tank member is eligible to play in this Judy.
We really need more people to join up.
Come on gang, the winners are going to get one of Johnny's awesome CD's and it will just be a lot of fun. Nothing new to play, just our normal Sunday games that you will already be a part of.
And if you have to miss a Sunday for the month, that's okay. One score (lowest) will be dropped from each couple.
As of last night, we're still in need of more ladies to play. Isn't that how it always in Sadie Hawkins dances...guys just standing against the wall, hoping...no...praying, to be picked. Razz
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Be sure to come out and play on Sunday, even if you haven't picked a partner yet.

The selection process can still be done after the game but you must play on Sundays to have your best shot at the prizes.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:44 am

The scoring system we will use for The Sadie Hawkins dance will be a placement system where everybody gets a score. If there are 26 players, the top player gets 26 points, next player gets 25, etc... with last player getting one point. Obviously the higher you make it, the more points you get so the object will be to last as long as you can. The team score will be the combined value for both partners.

But just to make it easy on me it would be best if you could finish in alphabetical order, then I could enter the scores easier. lol

Come out and play! we can always assign partners later. Kind of like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Last edited by Johnny Oak on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:10 pm

FT/JO

I definitely would like to be a part of this, when will we know who our partners are??

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:12 pm

You're in Bonnie, I forwarded your pm to Rose.
Back to top Go down
TrumpinJoe

TrumpinJoe

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:46 pm

If the drawing takes place after the first game you should consider using a random assignment so the top finishing players are not selected first.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:05 pm

The boys will be randomly numbered. The girls will pick a number without knowing who is behind it. Kinda like a blind date. Because there are more boys then girls, it will be likely that some boys don't get picked. I just hope I'm not one of those boys, it could send me into a Jr High School flashback.

Seriously, the assignments will be as random as we can make them. So everyone stands a chance.
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:41 pm

The guys will be placed as first come first serve as I mentioned Thursday. I would also like them to be able to commit to being here every Sunday for their partner.
If anyone who has signed up won't be able to make it, please let me know.
If we have more guys than girls, I will sit out, along with whoever was the last ones to join.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:51 pm

hopefully it all works out ....

flower flower Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by megg23 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 3:18 pm

I agree that we SHOULD have all the selections made before the game, but the logistics of that may not allow it.

And I don't want anyone to be left out just because we or they weren't able to get it done in time. Because it will be a random assignment, it really should not matter if it is before or after the game.

If we can get the selections done in time, that will be great, but if not the participants should still play hard and know they are playing for a partner not yet known.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Discrimation in 2012   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:24 pm

WHAT no same sex teams, are we discriminating here??? LOL
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: We sure have a great range across the board when it comes to a sense of humor and CHILLI I love your sense of humor!!! It is always sure to get me smiling!   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:52 pm

CHILLI 2 U wrote:
WHAT no same sex teams, are we discriminating here??? LOL

LOL, I love it... great point CHILLI. My how things change over time, I remember when we wouldn't dare say this out loud. Good to know we have a place to say what we want and need to say and I just love how this made me smile, thanks CHILLI... it's been one hell of a night and day... I needed this! See you tonight in the Tank! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Guys...for now, if you've sent me a pm, you're considered "in" until I see how many ladies are in.
That's all for now.
Remember all, even though tonight's game says Sadie Hawkins, it still is going to count for regular team points as well....I think. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:34 pm

Sorry everyone, had a brief ER visit last night due to severe chest pains. Everything seems to be ok other then for a nasty pulled muscle in my chest wall and the exhausting myself over the past week.

I will see everyone in the game tonight, again sorry, not how I had my labor day weekend planned.

Rosie
Back to top Go down
TrumpinJoe

TrumpinJoe

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Bummer Rosie. ERs are bad enough but they can be real madhouses on holiday weekends.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:09 am

Thanks Joe, wasn't that busy and I went straight back being they thought I was having a heart attack...LOL Thankfully not but not a fun evening none the less.

Tits
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Partners for Sadie Hawkins Tournament   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Ok Good luck everyone. Here are the Sadie Hawkins Partners...just remember NO STEPPING on your partners TOES.....AND.....EVERYONE MUST DANCE WITH NO PANTS..sorry Tank rules...Smile

Team 1:
Chelle867 - JulesTubby25

Team 2:
Queenbee9979 - Sinman64

Team 3:
zzHONEYBEEzz - !!!111Dan

Team 4:
Horsewoman72 - Johnny Oak

Team 5:
Megg23 - Jordan2652

Team 6:
Chilli2U - JWK24

Team 7:
Brayleegirl - FLSnookman

Team 8:
GMAJudy - TrumpinJoe

Team 9:
Catndoglvr - GTAE92

Team 10:
Faery Tats - 11Scorpius11

Have fun everyone and GOOD Luck
Back to top Go down
Brayleegirl

Brayleegirl

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:53 am

OOOPPPPSSSSSS I stepped on Snooks toes already affraid ........sorry snooky! Wink

This is going to be fun; good luck everyone! cheers
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 am

Here are the scores after the first week of the Sadie Hawkins Tournament. Remember that this is a combined score and one of the scores (your teams lowest) will be thrown out.

1. Horsewoman/Johnny Oak - 48
  2. BrayleeGirl/Flsnookman - 35
  3. Chelle/Julestubby - 28
  4. HoneyBee/!!!111Dan - 28
  5. GmaJudy/TrumpinJoe - 27
  6. Catndoglvr/GTAE - 27
  7. Faery Tats/Scorpius - 26
  8. Megg/Jordan - 20
  9. QueenBee/Sinman - 17
  10. Chilli2U/JWK - 14

Attached is a PDF listing of the complete scores for each week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September   Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sadie Hawkins Tournament - September
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next