Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music Night In the Tank

Go down 
+2
mtnestegg
Johnny Oak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Music Night In the Tank Empty
PostSubject: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Remember that this coming Saturday is Music night in the Tank. We will be offering a music CD for anyone who takes me out.

Attached is a partial listing of songs on the CD.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Don't forget to sign up for tonight's game. CD with good music will be available to whoever takes me out.

We only do this once a month now, so don't miss out.

Johnny Oak
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:26 pm

I'm afraid to say i shall be there tonight.

I was meant to be at a sleep over with the boy but the weather got in the way. The whole weekend has been one big Fcuk up. at least i have the thought of music to keep me going.

Grade b
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:54 am

Seedy (CD) Saturday

It's Back, it's another installment of the Drunk Tank Music Night chance to win. This coming Saturday (Apr 7), we will once again be offering another music bounty. It will be one more CD of selected songs from my music collection. It will contain some good music from various albums collected over the years. Remember that all songs on this CD are in MP3 format. Attached is a PDF partial listing of the available songs.

Because of the awesome increase in attendance we will be adding additional CD's as prizes. Depending on the number of participants, there will be one CD per starting table (up to 3). So if 19 or more people get in the tournament there will be 3 CD's up for grabs. The first will go to the player who knocks me out, the second ( collection of Blues) will go to the winner of the tourney, and the third (some oldies) will go to the bubble boy/girl for the night.

If you are interested in these CD's, just show up at 9:00 PM EST for this Saturday's nightly game in the Drunk Tank. Even if you're not interested in the music, show up anyway. If you win it, you can ship it to somone else. If you're not sure, just ask one of our past winners. From all accounts they all love theirs.

Look for this event on the first Saturday of each month.

And Remember !!!!

If anyone else wants to serve as the guest host for upcoming Seedy Saturdays, by all means get in touch with me through PM's (or whatever) and I will schedule your date.

Here is the criteria you must meet:

1) have access to a collection of good quality music,
2) be willing to burn as much as will fit on one CD, and
3) be willing to ship it to the winner.

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Just us tonight for Seedy Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:35 pm

It was a great turn out last night. This was our first Saturday to offer 3 CD's, one as a bounty, a second for the winner, and a third for the Bubble Boy. So after grinding all night, and struggling to stay alive, I finally had to shove with an Ace Ten, little did I know I was shoveing against 3 Jacks. So the winner of this week's Music CD was ...

Mtnestegg

MT says he has been trying to win one of these since the give aways started. That's good because he went on from there to win the tournament which scored him an additional CD from my Blues library. Some of the finest modern and classic blues you can get. Mike says he loves music and this will make a good addition to his collection.

The third CD is a collection of oldies from the early days of the Beatles, Beach Boys, and Everly Brothers. This was won by ...

MrAlternator

Look for us to do this again on the first Saturday of the month. Also I would like to invite all of the music winners to come back to this thread and let us know which songs they like the best off the CDs they received. Good luck to all on the tables.

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:52 pm

WOW! super cool john! i really didn't expect to get two CD's affraid can't wait to listen to them both. i love all sorts of music, but blues and classic/oldies rock the most!
i'm super stoked to listen to so many awesome tunes! thnx again to everyone who participates in these! lots and lots of fun!!
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:49 am

The regularly scheduled Seedy Saturday set for May 5 will be postponed this month due to the Battle of the clubs event. I will put up a regular game for those not playing in the Club Challenge, but the music CD will not be available for that.
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: Can't Make It Johnny, Conflicting Schedules...   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:52 am

Johnny Oak wrote:
The regularly scheduled Seedy Saturday set for May 5 will be postponed this month due to the Battle of the clubs event. I will put up a regular game for those not playing in the Club Challenge, but the music CD will not be available for that.

Hi Johnny,

I will have to withdraw my name from the roster as Saturday will be my Mom's "Celebration of Life" party, it starts at 12:00 p.m. (pst) and not likely to end by 6:00 (pst), which is the time our Tank games begin for me each night... knowing my Mom... it is going to be one hell of a party!

She wouldn't have it any other way. Friends and family from old to new will be there and most all of them learned a thing or two about how to have a party from no other but my Mom.

Friends of mine from High School that I haven't talked to or seen in years are coming... I remember seeing many of them as I would be walking up the stairs after coming home from school would be coming down the stairs... saying hey chelle, bye chelle... we just stopped by to say hi and burn one with your Mom....

It was nuts, but everyone I've talked to lately reminds me of what a good time she had while she was here and what a good time she helped others have every time she'd ask them; you wanna get high?

My sister, my Dad and my Mom and goodness now even my two sons all shared this love of getting high with my Mom.... me? The stuff made me too darn paranoid to ever be able to relax and enjoy it... how weird is that? Wish I would have lightened up a bit and trusted her that it was all gonna be alright.

Anyway... thought I'd share that with ya you Johnny and every one that reads this I guess. Love ya Mom.

Johnny, do I need to go and remove myself from the roster now? Let me know, k.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 6:54 am

i think i'll be camping and will probably miss this too. ( i'll do a lil life celebating for your mom too chelle) Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Seedy (CD) Saturday

It's Back, it's another installment of the Drunk Tank Music Night chance to win. This coming Saturday (July 7), we will once again be offering another music bounty. It will be one more CD of selected songs from my music collection. It will contain some good music from various albums collected over the years. Remember that all songs on this CD are in MP3 format. Attached is a PDF partial listing of the available songs.

Because of the increase in attendance we will be adding additional CD's as prizes. Depending on the number of participants, there will be one CD per starting table (up to 3). So if 19 or more people get in the tournament there will be 3 CD's up for grabs. The first will go to the player who knocks me out, the second ( collection of Blues) will go to the winner of the tourney, and the third (some oldies) will go to the bubble boy/girl for the night.

If you are interested in these CD's, just show up at 9:00 PM EST for this Saturday's nightly game in the Drunk Tank. Even if you're not interested in the music, show up anyway. If you win it, you can ship it to somone else. If you're not sure, just ask one of our past winners. From all accounts they all love theirs.

Look for this event on the first Saturday of each month.

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:43 pm

It was a wonderful contest last night. This was our second Saturday to offer 3 CD's, one as a bounty, a second for the winner, and a third for the Bubble Boy. So after grinding all night, and struggling to stay alive, I finally had to shove with an Ace Ten, I watched the flop and actually saw another Ace Ten hit the board, I thought I was golden until the chips went the other way. So the winner of this week's Music CD was ...

Jordan2652

Jordan says he thinks he is going to like my choice of Music.

The second CD was a collection from my Blues library. Some of the finest modern and classic blues you can get. The third CD is a collection of oldies from the early days of the Beatles, Beach Boys, and Everly Brothers. These were won by ...

Oriholic and GTAE92

Look for us to do this again on the first Saturday of the month. Also I would like to invite all of the music winners to come back to this thread and let us know which songs they like the best off the CDs they received. Good luck to all on the tables.

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 am

Notice to all Tankers, be you a casual or hardcore lissener of music
these CD's are a MUST HAVE cheers cheers

Thank you so much Johnny Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:33 am

Seedy (CD) Saturday

It's Back, it's another installment of the Drunk Tank Music Night chance to win. This coming Saturday (August 4), we will once again be offering another music bounty. This time we will be featuring a guest host for the event. Phoenix Maya has graciously consented to be the provider of the music CD for this month. I think she will be providing a PDF partial listing of the available songs.

Because of the increase in attendance we may add additional CD's as prizes. Depending on the number of participants, there will be one CD per starting table (up to 3). So if 19 or more people get in the tournament there will be 3 CD's up for grabs. The first will go to the player who knocks Phoenix out, the second (collection of Blues) will go to the winner of the tourney, and the third (some oldies) will go to the bubble boy/girl for the night.

If you are interested in these CD's, just show up at 9:30 PM EST for next Saturday's nightly game in the Drunk Tank. Even if you're not interested in the music, show up anyway. If you win it, you can ship it to somone else. If you're not sure, just ask one of our past winners. From all accounts they all love theirs.

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Maya

Phoenix Maya

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 am

This Saturday, August 4th, I will be providing some music CDs' for whoever knocks me out. Very Happy It will include music from Rock, Atlernative, Soul, Country & Folk. They will be on separate CD's so if you don't like a certain type of music, you can give it to someone who likes that style. It should include approximately 140 songs, and about 9 to 10 hours of play, below is a partial listing for the songs, see you at the tables. Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
Phoenix Maya

Phoenix Maya

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:56 am

Well, sending the attachment didn't work so well, so including the partial list of songs here. They didn't format perfect, but at least can see some of the songs and artists. Rolling Eyes

ROCK

Rolling in the Deep Adele
The 39 Steps Bryan Ferry
Can’t Wait Bob Dylan
Reflections Carlos Santana
Dancin’ Chris Isaak
Here with Me Dido
Simple Things Part 2 Dirty Vegas
Layla Eric Clapton
What It’s Like Everlast
Landslide Fleetwood Mac
Not Enough Time INXS
This Use to Be My… Madonna
Fields of Gold Sting
I Love You Goodbye Thomas Dolby
Beautiful Day U2
Stone Free Eric Clapton
Into the Mystic Van Morrison
Move Like Jagger Maroon 5
Dream On Depeche Mode
Mercy Duffy
The Girl of My Best Friend Bryan Ferry
Rumour Has It Adele
I Need You Tonight ZZ Top
Love Sick Bob Dylan
La Danza Carlos Santana
Back on Your Side Chris Isaak
Rollin’ & Tumblin’ Eric Clapton
Troubled Mind Everything but the Girl
Do You Feel Loved U2
High James Blunt
To Have & Not to Hold Madonna
Anybody Seem My Baby The Rolling Stones
Be Still My Beating Heart Sting
The Healing Game Van Morrison

ALTERNATIVE

Babylon David Gray
Bakar Boozoo Bajou
In My Arms Plumb
Satellite BT
I Will Remember You Sarah McLachlan
As the Day Breaks Carmen Rizzo
Lotus Flower Radiohead
Shepherd Moons Enya
She Began to Lie Carter Burnwell
The First Twilight Deep Forest
History Groove Armada
Runaway iio
Don’t Know Why Norah Jones
Heartburn Just Jack
Etoile Cantoma
The Right Thing Moby
I Go to Sleep Sia
Speck of Gold Afterlife
Teach Me How to Fight Junior Boys
Sure Thing St. Germain
Right Now Samantha
In This World Moby
The Glass Bead Game Thievery Corp.
John Lee Hooker Tosca
Many Rivers to Cross CDM
Codex Radiohead
Season of Renewal Steve Gordon
Natural Blues Moby
Really? Bluemind
Rude Boy Style Zeb
Crystalised The xx
Simple Things Zero 7
Sadness Dub Grey Area
Sail Away David Gray
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Wow I think it's time I won a CD this time. Now all I have to do is learn how to play.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:54 pm

My apologies to Phoenix for missing her music night. There were wildfires in Oklahoma about 2 miles from my house. The fires did not cause a problem or threat but they did knock out the power to 25 mile area around them that didn't come back until today.

So Phoenix I am sorry I missed your hosting, but I am assuming that some lucky duck did win the music. Who was it? And if they don't want it Can they send it to me? lol
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Maya

Phoenix Maya

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:31 am

The winner of the CD's is cheers cheers !!!111Dan cheers cheers

Hope you enjoy some of the music Smile
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:04 pm

Thank you very much Maya. (I sent you a message here...just click on the messages tab above.)

As a huge lover of a variety of music, I'm very much looking forward to some new tunes. cheers bounce bom

That sure was a nice surprise Saturday night. afro

alien
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Got a nice little package in the mail Maya. Wink

Thanks again.

Now I guess I'll have to figure out this Cloud thing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Night In the Tank   Music Night In the Tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music Night In the Tank
Page 1 of 1