Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boardroom Chat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

Boardroom Chat Empty
PostSubject: Boardroom Chat   Boardroom Chat Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:34 pm

We created this thread as a place for share holders to comment on TIC
activities and for your board to update you on what we're up to. The
first few weeks out of the gate, the club was very successfull thanks
to the hard work of the horses and generosity of donors. The first
Stable Party was a huge success and we are hopeful that we will be on solid
financial standing so we can do another October 27th and 28th.

So what does really go on in the Boardroom? Glad you asked. Well contrary
to popular belief it not a suit and tie affair, but Joy would win the "Best Dressed"
award hands down. The guys are in anything from slacks to sweats, sandals to
sneakers, you get the picture. Someone normally throws a couple of names with
game types up on the wipe and write, a few more go up and some get dropped
until a concensus is reached. Solid Bankroll Management is a key consideration
in determining how many horses we run and at what stakes. The first few weeks
we were very conservative in stakes and types of games, sticking primarily to
low variance games for the bulk of the weekly budget. Now that our feet are wet
we're branching out a bit as you can see by this weeks offerings.

Thoughts, comments and questions are alway welcome here.

Jordan on behalf of the Board of Directors
Back to top Go down
gatehouse999

gatehouse999

Boardroom Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boardroom Chat   Boardroom Chat Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 am

Now I may be wrong (as I often am) but I really think the 50/50 are a complete waste of time on Pokerstars. If you lose 1 then I think you really have to hit the other 4 games which puts pressure on the Horse to achieve an 80% strike rate, where as if 5 x 9 man sit and go you could clear your feet by cashing in 3= 60% or winning just 2=40% and making a profit. I truly believe the horses at our disposal are way better than 50/50 games. I may not have put this across very well but in my screwed up head it kind of makes sense. Take the rugs off our Horses and let them run free and truly reach there full potential. It is better to have tried and failed than never to have tried, A completely Drunk and or Stoned Russian once told me that. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

Boardroom Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boardroom Chat   Boardroom Chat Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 am

I'm lovin' that our cash crushers are gonna be hittin' their strengths! I don't really love however that they're being limited to a couple thousand hands a week. We all know (or should) that the more they play the more they make, and a lil run bad doesn't change their game, so let em play for broke for the week. (doubt that'll happen, given the quality of their play) if they only want to play that many hands, thats fine, but I think that should be up to them, not the board.
Our tourney/ sngers play for broke, so why not our cash horses? We limit their hands, we limit their profit potential.
Just my 2ยข
i'm not a huge fan of 50/50s but if our horses are comfortable there then thats cool. Cool
And I love the mtt aspect of our br mgmt. 1 run deep more than negates the multiple small losses we expect to have running these, so good on ya folks. Keep up the good work gang! and again (dont think we can say this enough) THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for your time and efforts!
Back to top Go down
sandtrap777
Admin
sandtrap777

Boardroom Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boardroom Chat   Boardroom Chat Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:22 am

Gate,

Your numbers are bit off. First, the odds of being in the money are better in the 50/50's because all you need to do, is finish in the top 5 vs top 3 in regular 9-man SnG's. The only draw back is when you finish in 1st you get less money. Also we said we would start slowly and now we we have switch gears. Two players which were playing 50/50's are now playing cash, one is now playing 9-man SnG's. 50/50's are very good as lots of regular grinders do play them.

Mt,

The limit of 1,000 hands is very time consuming. When playing Zoom, sure it's faster, but playing regular tables (assuming 2 open tables) will take you about 6 hours, which is equivalent to 5 x 50/50's. The potential will come with time as we increase the stake.

Very good comments, we will be talking about them in our next meeting
cheers
Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

Boardroom Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boardroom Chat   Boardroom Chat Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:44 am

I completely understand the time consumption thing. I mean, everyone has other things on their plate besides grinding for this club. I only meant , I thought it should be left up to you guys. That's all. Cool cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boardroom Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boardroom Chat   Boardroom Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boardroom Chat
Page 1 of 1