Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thurd Thursday

Go down 
+2
BUZZLIYEAR
Johnny Oak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Thinking about adding an 8-Game format for the third Thursday of each month. This is a a format like HORSE but includes a session of NLHE, PLO, and 2-7 triple draw to the mix. If you like the idea, let me know. If not, tell me that too.

Johnny Oak
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:09 am

Yes please.

Although I'm frequently out on Thursdays, I'd love to play when I have the chance.
Back to top Go down
BUZZLIYEAR

BUZZLIYEAR

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:09 am

we have horse every monday and holdem 6days aweek so i woud like to see 8game every thursday that woud be 2 nights of mixt games and 5 of holdem it realy is good to have a change of game. cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:38 am

8-game every thursday soons good.
But just as happy to make it one per month.

Grade b

Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:37 am

BUZZLIYEAR wrote:
we have horse every monday and holdem 6days aweek so i woud like to see 8game every thursday that woud be 2 nights of mixt games and 5 of holdem it realy is good to have a change of game. cheers

this looks good

cheers
Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:15 pm

BUZZLIYEAR wrote:

I like the challenge of multiple games. I think I have mastered stinking up the Holdem table
now lets see if I can replicate it in the other games. No seriously I think it would be fun. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:49 pm

i'm not there much during the week but it soundess goot to meeee. Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:51 pm

sounds like a plan cheers
Back to top Go down
brkn80

brkn80

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:44 pm

looks like a good idea
Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 am

Was a great game last night, extremely long (5 hrs 46 min) but fun.
Congrats to Sinman on the win and all those at the final table. cheers
Many commented on the lenght of the game, self included.
Suggestions Idea to shorten it included starting blinds at higher levels,
decrease blind intervals to 5 minutes and decrease starting
stacks to 3000 chips. I'm sure all would work but in MHO the 3000
chip starting stack is the best option. My reasoning comes from
playing several of the 8 game 6 man play $ games that start with
1500 chips, they normally take about a hour to play out and its
probably the easiest to implement. Just curious to see what
everybody thinks

Last edited by Jordan2652 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:05 am

agree,

Great game, tons of fun, just a bit long...hiccup

cheers
Back to top Go down
BUZZLIYEAR

BUZZLIYEAR

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 am

well that wos great fun i realy do love mixt games its good for youre poker it realy does make you a beter all round player. yes jordan 3000 starting chips woud be bang on i woud just like to say well playd sinman nice win and a good heads up with jersey ronn and well playd to the rest of the finel tabel and every one who playd
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:50 am

Did it really last that long? One of the advantages to being a donk is you get knocked out early in those marathon tourneys. But it does look like most people enjoyed the new game so let's make it a once a month staple, with some adjustments for time constraints.

Look for this game to occur on the third thursday of each month.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:15 pm

The best way to do it is for 5 min levels. Last night was the first time that I ever played an 8-game with over 6 min levels.
With this, even with the 5k stack, it'll still work. I'd say 85% of the ones I'd played in the past were 5k starting stacks and 5 min levels and they all worked pretty good.
Back to top Go down
BUZZLIYEAR

BUZZLIYEAR

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:06 pm

JWK24 wrote:
The best way to do it is for 5 min levels. Last night was the first time that I ever played an 8-game with over 6 min levels.
With this, even with the 5k stack, it'll still work. I'd say 85% of the ones I'd played in the past were 5k starting stacks and 5 min levels and they all worked pretty good.
iv only been playing 8game for a week or so john and day were all 1tabel of 8 players you have more insite than me john so youre probley bang on.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: just a quick thnx to hozzer... :)   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:38 pm

hey, thnx for takin' buzzi out w/ KK v KK. made for a real good time shortly there after.. cheers he shoots, he scores! bounce bounce cheers drunken Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Wink bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:38 pm

mtnestegg wrote:
hey, thnx for takin' buzzi out w/ KK v KK. made for a real good time shortly there after.. cheers he shoots, he scores!

Hey I get some lousy play money chips, and you get to score. Life is not fair!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thurd Thursday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thurd Thursday   Thurd Thursday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thurd Thursday
Page 1 of 1