Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekend Poker Run

Go down 
+2
horsewoman72
Johnny Oak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:41 am

So OK the people at poker stars have thrown a monkey wrench into our Saturday showdown game.  We can no longer send the 5K for the big hands.

So I have an idea for a new game to play on Saturdays, I call it Poker Run.  

The rules are simple.  I will have a deck of cards on my desk on Saturday.  Every time any player wins with a five card hand (straight or better) they will get to draw a card from that deck.  Every player will be able to draw up to five cards from the deck and I will let them know as we go which card they drew.  At the end of the night the person with the best poker hand made from those cards will meet me at the payout table and will win 20K chips.

In addition, if the person who wins is on a team, they will get a bonus 5 points added to their tank score for the night to help their team.

Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:34 am

Note that I have changed the Saturday game.  Those that were signed up will have to get back in the new game.

Hope this works and it adds some fun to the game.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:25 am

Remember to let me know when you reach the showdown with a straight or better, Yes quads count as a five card hand.

I will draw a card for you and let you know what it is. Note, you must go to showdown for your hand to count and you can only draw up to 5 cards total.

Let's see if I can keep up with you guys,
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:17 am

And the winner is ...

We did not have a lot of participants last night. Hopefully that was not because it was a new game. Remember all you have to do is let me know when or if you win with a Straight or better. Then I do the rest.

Anyway the winner of last night's Poker Run was Howitzer2007. He only got to draw one card, but that card was an Ace of diamonds. That was the highest card drawn.

Howie will be invited to join me at the payout table for 20K free chips. In addition he won a bonus of 5 Tank points to add to his score. Sadly Howitzer is not on one of our 3 teams yet, so it will not make a difference.

If you enjoyed the game we will do it again next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:34 am

Was great JO, thank goodnes you were there keeping track of all the hands, you do such a great job for the club. Thank you, thank you, I will be there next week trying to make points for my team.

sunny sunny 
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:12 am

rigged l tell ya.....hiccup

and nice win last night jo...........l mean that was rigged also.......lol

Cheers All
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Johnny Oak wrote:
So OK the people at poker stars have thrown a monkey wrench into our Saturday showdown game.  We can no longer send the 5K for the big hands.

So I have an idea for a new game to play on Saturdays, I call it Poker Run.  

The rules are simple.  I will have a deck of cards on my desk on Saturday.  Every time any player wins with a five card hand (straight or better) they will get to draw a card from that deck.  Every player will be able to draw up to five cards from the deck and I will let them know as we go which card they drew.  At the end of the night the person with the best poker hand made from those cards will meet me at the payout table and will win 20K chips.

In addition, if the person who wins is on a team, they will get a bonus 5 points added to their tank score for the night to help their team.

Tell me what you think.
You are so creative! I think it is pretty cool. Now pay attention to the chat darn it or at least talk even when we aren't discussing "beavers".

Razz
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:03 am

Just a reminder that we will be doing the Poker Run tonight. Come on and play. Remember all you have to do is let me know when you reach a showdown with a 5 card hand (straight or better). I will draw a card for you.

Best poker hand from those cards will get a bonus 5 points for their team.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:13 am

And the winner is ...

We had two nearly full tables last night.  Don't know if I will be able to keep up if we ever get to three, but would like to try.  Remember all you have to do is let me know when or if you win with a Straight or better.  Then I do the rest.

Anyway the winner of last night's Poker Run was HoboJim11247.  He also won the tournament and drew a pair of 9's on his last card.  That was the highest hand for the night.

Hobo will be invited to join me at the payout table for 20K free chips.  In addition, he won a bonus of 5 Tank points to add to his team score for the Pokerholics.  

If you enjoyed the game we will do it again next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
CaseyBaby1

CaseyBaby1

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:48 am

Congratulations HoboJim...  Great win for you and for Team Pokerholics!!
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:03 am

And the winner is ...

We only had 14 players last night, but it was an excited crew.  Remember all you have to do is let me know when or if you win with a Straight or better.  Then I do the rest.

Anyway the winner of last night's Poker Run was Rhino4646.  He did not win the tournament but drew a pair of 4's early in the contest.  That was the highest hand for the night.

Rhino will be invited to join me at the payout table for 20K free chips if he wants them.  In addition, he won a bonus of 5 Tank points to add to his team score for The Zoo.  

Come back again next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:01 am

And the winner is ...

What a good game we had last night.  Remember all you have to do is let me know when or if you win with a Straight or better.  Then I do the rest.

Anyway the winner of last night's Poker Run was Phoenix Maya.  She did not win the tournament but drew two pair of A's and 3's early in the contest.  That was the highest hand for the night.

Maya will be invited to join me at the payout table for 20K free chips if she wants them.  In addition, she won a bonus of 5 Tank points to add to her team score for The Zoo.  

Back to top Go down
CaseyBaby1

CaseyBaby1

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Congratulations Maya - great game!
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 am

And the winner is ...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee had another good game last night.  Remember on the Poker Run, all you have to do is let me know when you win with a Straight or better.  Then I do the rest.

Anyway the winner of last night's Poker Run was CaseyBaby1.  She did not win the tournament but drew two pair of Ten's and Nine's early in the contest.  That was the highest hand for the night.

Casey will be invited to join me at the payout table for 20K free chips if she wants them.  In addition, she won a bonus of 5 Tank points to add to her team score for The Weeeeeeeee Wreckin' Ballz.  

Join us again next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:26 am

And the winner is ...

We only had 15 players last night, but it was a fun evening.  Remember for the Poker Run all you have to do is let me know when you win with a Top Five hand (Straight or better).  We will also be adding a new rule that you now get a card for a Knock Out with any hand. So just let me know when I owe you a card.

Anyway the winner of last night's Poker Run was Rhino4646.  He did not win the tournament but drew a pair of angry Jacks early in the contest.  That was the highest hand for the night.

Rhino will be invited to join me at the payout table for 20K free chips if he wants them.  In addition, he won a bonus of 5 Tank points to add to his team score for The Wizards.  

Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:52 am

And the winner is ...

We only had 14 players last night, but it was a fun evening.  Remember for the Poker Run all you have to do is let me know when you win with a Top Five hand (Straight or better).  We also added a new rule that you now get a card for a Knock Out with any hand.  So just let me know when I owe you a card.  

Anyway the winner of last night's Poker Run was zzHoneyBeezz.  She was KO'd in the final 5 and did not win the tournament but drew an ACE with a Queen kicker.  That was the highest hand for the night.

HoneyBee will be invited to join me at the payout table for 20K free chips if she wants them.  In addition, she won a bonus of 5 Tank points to be added to her team score for The Wreckin' Ballz.  

Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:21 pm

cheers Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I really don't know how you do it, keeping up with everyone's hands and still kicking our butts!!

Thank you so much JO!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:21 am

And the winner is ...

We only had 12 players last night, and the ladies were hot finishing 4 out of top 5.  Remember for the Poker Run all you have to do is let me know when you win with a Straight or better.  We also added a new rule that you now get a card for a Knock Out with any hand.  So just let me know when I owe you a card.  

Anyway the winner of last night's Poker Run was GandalfDwite.  He was KO'd in the final 6 and did not win the tournament but drew a pair of Kings before he left.  That was the highest hand for the night.

Gandalf will be invited to join me at the payout table for 20K free chips if he wants them.  In addition, he won a bonus of 5 Tank points to be added to his team score for The Wizards.  

Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:24 pm

We will be cancelling the Poker Run for January. Too much work, not enough interest.

See the new Saturday promotion here: https://thetanks.canadian-forum.com/t1420-seedy-saturday#16644
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Thanks for all that you do johnny.........cheers man
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 6:24 pm

Sorry I haven't been around JO please know you are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weekend Poker Run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Poker Run   Weekend Poker Run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekend Poker Run
Page 1 of 1