Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Change in the game

Go down 
+3
joy7108
effsea
Johnny Oak
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 5:26 pm

For anyone signing up for tonight's game in the Drunk Tank, get ready for a change.

It seems that PokerStars has now made the minimum buy in for Play Money games a whopping 17 thousand chips.  WOW!

We have a game scheduled for tonight but some folks may not have that many play chips to use.  If you need chips for the game be sure to meet with Johnny or Eff at the ring table and we will lose some to you.

Also you can go to the cashier and get a free transfer of 12.5 K every 4 hours.

Not sure why they did this except that they are trying to get people to have to buy Play Money chips,  Don't Do It!
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 5:31 pm

what jo said............hiccup,

I did send them an e-mail,

waiting for a reply,

you can also get free chips in the cashier.

cheers

Last edited by effsea on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 6:44 pm

Remember if you do come to the Cash Table ...

Don't talk about what we are doing in the chat box. In case they are monitoring that.

Bet big, but don't go all in. Eff or I will fold on the river.

Eff has plenty of club chips and so do I, so we owe you these chips anyway.

When you have enough, leave the table.
Back to top Go down
joy7108

joy7108

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 10:04 am

Another Amaya change that is supposed to benefit the "recreational player"? I wonder if they really believe that these changes are helping the poker community. The only thing they worry about IMO is adding to their bottom line.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 8:52 am

Still no reply,

Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 12:21 pm

It looks like our Christmas Party and the regular games will still be at our standard 500 buy in.

But if PS keeps it the way it is, our Thursday games and all games in January will have the 17K buy in as a minimum.
Back to top Go down
NE2win

NE2win

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 10:34 pm

This latest change is bloody ridiculous, however you look at it. I can't even begin to imagine what 'grand plan' lies behind it, but I have to pity anyone who recently shelled out real $ buying play chips, which have now been effectively devalued by a factor of 10.

I will NEVER pay real $ to buy PM chips which have absolutely ZERO redemption value.
Don't forget, you can now claim 12K of free PM chips from the Cashier pane, every 4 hours, regardless of your current PM balance.

Last edited by NE2win on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 11:34 am

OK here is the reply I got from PokerStars support.

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting us.

We can confirm that we have initiated some changes in regards to the play money offer for our Home Games. These changes were taken to align Home Games with the overall changes we made to the Play Money economy in the main lobby a couple of months ago.

As of December 2016, we have removed all stakes below 20K for Home Game tournaments. The buy-in ranges from 20K to 1M. Please also note that we do not offer anymore an unlimited rebuy option for tournaments.

For Home Game Ring Games, the minimum buy-in currently is at 20K/100K.

The Home Games system is a premium format that provides a lot of value to players in terms of organizing and running games with friends, and charging a little for this service is quite reasonable.

For as little as the cost of a cup of coffee or a subway ticket, you can purchase half a million play chips - enough to fund 25 tournament buy-ins even if you don't hit the bubble in any of them. We believe this is still a solid value, as it offers potentially hours of entertainment for just a few dollars (or just pennies, if you win more often than your buddies).

Let us know if we can help you further and thank you for your understanding.

Not sure how you feel, but I don't think I will ever pay real money for play chips.
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 11:42 am

how I feel?

well....................................

eff them, hiccup bounce drunken
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 11:54 am

Yeah if I'm going to pay the price of a cup of coffee, I expect to get (at least) a cup of coffee.

The bastids
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 4:30 pm

So it looks like the big buy ins will start in January.  

Meanwhile if you need chips, remember that you can get 12.5 K every 4 hours from the cashier.  Start now and you can have quite a bankroll by next month.

Also anyone needing some chips in a hurry, just contact Eff or me and we will dump some on you at the ring table.  Of course, now it takes 20K just to get on the table.  So take a couple of 12K draws and meet us there.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Maya

Phoenix Maya

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 12:23 am

"Yeah if I'm going to pay the price of a cup of coffee, I expect to get (at least) a cup of coffee."  lol!

And nothing subtle about their greed...jeezzz
They truly don't understand what the home games are about, sad. Well for them it's about the money. I wouldn't be surprised if the next step is to take back the 4 hour reload, so get it while you can Exclamation
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 10:44 am

Back to top Go down
Phoenix Maya

Phoenix Maya

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 10:26 pm

Bill Curran's comment:

Due to the recent changes made by Stars to the MINIMUM buy in for PM Tourneys, 34 games are 20.000$PM one is 21,250$PM and one is 100,000$PM making a grand total of 801,250$PM to enter ALL the events.

the Prize payout for the PM events at months end is 200,000$PM for first

I have not added up the cost of entry to all RM games, but I am quite sure that it falls well below the $22 first prize.

I know that the winners ( and ITM ) of each individual tourney will at least get a profit per tourney in PM, but don't you think that the increased cost without an increase in the prizes, will be a disincentive for players who know that they may not place in top three, end of month, but who play because they like the Home Games and enjoy playing against the members ?

The increased cost could very easily mark the end of the HG PM series.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, 10:14 AM
Report Post (#11)
royalraise85
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Bill, you're absolutely right, we will review the situation and it might be that we have to discontinue the Home Game series for 2017. We will make an announcement on this early in the New Year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting...it just seems they are trying to kill home games, and make pm games more difficult to pay/play....what a plan.... scratch
Back to top Go down
wetmoose 613

wetmoose 613

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 10:56 pm

so the powers that be have decided that home game clubs cost too much to have and want to kill them all. makes sense as they already killed the pso
or am I old and jaded
No Pants Drink

ps is the 12 days of Christmas now the Grinch who stole xmas?
Back to top Go down
joy7108

joy7108

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 am

I wonder what the turnout will be for the PM series this month - Dave said in live training last weekend that he would have to win in order to have enough PM to play on day 2 (which he did, winning both days!).

Of course, no advance warning that they were changing the minimum buy-ins. You can bet the changes to the vpp program next year won't do us any favors either. Sad days for Pokerstars.

Sad
Back to top Go down
moxie pip

moxie pip

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 10:13 pm

[quote="Johnny Oak"]OK here is the reply I got from PokerStars support.

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting us.

We can confirm that we have initiated some changes in regards to the play money offer for our Home Games. These changes were taken to align Home Games with the overall changes we made to the Play Money economy in the main lobby a couple of months ago.

For as little as the cost of a cup of coffee or a subway ticket, you can purchase half a million play chips - enough to fund 25 tournament buy-ins even if you don't hit the bubble in any of them. We believe this is still a solid value, as it offers potentially hours of entertainment for just a few dollars (or just pennies, if you win more often than your buddies).

I saw this and e-mailed Pokerstars and told them that I have an even better deal for them. For NO charge whatsoever they can suck my dick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Change in the game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change in the game   Change in the game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change in the game
Page 1 of 1