Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Calling All Tankers

Go down 
+4
Johnny Oak
zzHONEYBEEzz
wetmoose 613
joy7108
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Calling All Tankers Empty
PostSubject: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 11:00 pm

Come one come all for the

25 for 25

holiday raffle

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that we will be bringing back the Tanker Team Challenge in January of next year.  We will be using a slightly different format that involves more teams with fewer members.  It should be fun.

However, it will depend on using the player standings from the previous month (December) to be successful.  So I would like to invite all of the current and older players to come out and play.  We would love to get the games back to having all of our old friends playing together again.

So with that in mind I am offering a raffle for the month of December.  I am putting up a 25 dollar prize to one of our members.  If you are in USA, you will get a $25 Visa Gift Card.  If in Canada, you will get a $25 PS transfer.  If you are elsewhere, we will figure out something.

Here’s how it will work.  There will be 31 total games in December.  At the end of the month I will throw the names of all qualified players into a hat, and my granddaughter will draw the winning name.  To be qualified, and have your name in the hat, you must have made the Final Table for a total of 15 times during the month.  I will be tracking the FT’s every night and will make a post here to let everyone know when they have reached their goal.

Now here is the good part, you can increase your odds.  If you continue to play, and reach a total of 20 FT’s you get to have your name in the hat twice.  And if you can reach 25 FT’s you can add your name a third time.  So 25 FT’s could win you 25 dollars.  Remember that most FT’s have 9 seats, so at least 9 players will qualify most every night (8 on Mondays).

Post here or send me a PM if you have any questions.  And pass the word around.  I would like to get all of old regulars back into the club, even if I have to bribe them.

Note: Managers and Administrators of the club are not eligible for the prize.

Eff and Johnny
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 4:49 pm

santa cheers YAHOOO!! CMON PEEPS!!! cheers santa
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 6:54 pm

Weeeeeeee, I'm in!!!

sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
joy7108

joy7108

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 11:24 pm

Sounds like tons of fun, I'm in.

cheers rendeer rendeer
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 2:14 pm

C'mere I got sumptin for ya!

Calling All Tankers Drunkt10

Read the post above if ya know what's good for ya
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Johnny Oak wrote:
C'mere I got sumptin for ya!

Calling All Tankers Drunkt10

Read the post above if ya know what's good for ya

Watcha got in that cup hummmmmm JO????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLXJAtrjHTo
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Just another announcement.

As you play in the Tank in December you will notice that I am experimenting with the game style slightly. The blind intervals will now be 5 mins instead of 10. The starting stacks will be 5000 instead of 3000.

This should make the games not last so long. So if you are one of the ones that have to work the next day, and this was the reason you stopped playing in the weekday games, come back and try it now.

However, if you are one of the ones that liked it the way it was, be sure to let me know that as well. We will go with majority rule. Or mix it up somehow.

The goal is to make the game as much fun as we can.
Back to top Go down
wetmoose 613

wetmoose 613

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 1:35 am

good rum good people good rum good poker good rumwhat more can you ask for MORE RUM
drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 5:50 pm

wetmoose 613 wrote:

good rum  good people good rum  good poker good rumwhat more can you ask for   MORE RUM
drunken drunken drunken

TEQUILLA!!!

Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 6:19 pm

Johnny Oak wrote:
Just another announcement.

As you play in the Tank in December you will notice that I am experimenting with the game style slightly.  The blind intervals will now be 5 mins instead of 10.  The starting stacks will be 5000 instead of 3000.

This should make the games not last so long.  So if you are one of the ones that have to work the next day, and this was the reason you stopped playing in the weekday games, come back and try it now.

However, if you are one of the ones that liked it the way it was, be sure to let me know that as well.  We will go with majority rule. Or mix it up somehow.

The people make it fun for me, love ALL of you. Each day I think, yes I get to play tank tonight, and smile. I do so wish more would play with us, ALL of YOU!!! I'd play 30min blind stud or hyper turbo ante-only HORSE so long as I know tankers will be there!!!

Come on everybody, we miss you all. I love you
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:32 pm

OK we kicked off the 25 for 25 holiday raffle.

Attached is a copy of the stats sheet for the first night.  I will post and update to this sheet every 5 days so you will know where you stand.

Remember there is still plenty of time to jump on this train.  And you could be a winner!
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Well!!!!!!!!
Will you look who's sitting right at the bottom of the pack. Humphhhhh damn phone battery died in the middle of two good hands grrrrrrrr.......... I know, I know, don't blame your equipment. I'll just have to work harder to catch up so I can be in the draw.

sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:46 am

YAHOOO!!! 18 tankers in tonight, great stuff! So happy to see so many of you playing!! Very Happy
Two very important thoughts occured to me tonight, TANKERS ROCK and 5card draw sucks so much lolol lol!

Hope to see you ALL tomorrow Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 pm

zzHONEYBEEzz wrote:
YAHOOO!!! 18 tankers in tonight, great stuff! So happy to see so many of you playing!! Very Happy
Two very important thoughts occured to me tonight, TANKERS ROCK and 5card draw sucks so much lolol lol!

Hope to see you ALL tomorrow Smile cheers

WOW, I really, really, wanted to be there, but wouldn't you know it the wifi at San Fransisco airport is the worst and I was in flight delay limbo. Would you believe no landing for most of the day yesterday into Las Vegas because of HEAVY FOG!!!! Finally made it though!!! Will make it tonight to play. . . . . . I think Laughing Shocked Shocked , lots of cowboys here for the NFR and you know how they make my heart go pitty pat. bounce bounce

Gooooooooo Tankers

sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 12:16 am

OK we have officially started our 25 for 25 holiday raffle.

Attached is a copy of the stats sheet for the first five nights.  I will post and update to this sheet every 5 days so you will know where you stand.

It seems there are some players that have already collected 5 FT's toward their raffle chances.  This is a good start.

Remember 15 FT's gets your name in the hat, 20 FT's gets your name in twice, and 25 FT's nets you a third opportunity.

There are still 26 games left in December so there is still time and an excellent chance you could be our winner!  drunken  cheers
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 8:06 pm

Awesome work JO!! Thank you so much for everything! cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 11:28 pm

Standings for our 25 for 25 holiday raffle.

Attached is a copy of the stats sheet for the first ten nights of December.  I will post and update to this sheet every 5 days so you will know where you stand.

It seems there are some players that have already collected over half of the FT's needed to secure their raffle chances.  This is a very good start.

Remember 15 FT's gets your name in the hat, 20 FT's gets your name in twice, and 25 FT's nets you a third opportunity.

There are still 21 games left in December so there is still time to add to your score and increase the chance you could be our winner!  drunken  cheers
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 11:54 am

Sad Sad Just reviewed my stats. . . . . pitiful I tell ya. . . . . . . . just pitiful, rigged affraid , that's it, it's rigged, that's my story and I'm sticking to it Laughing Laughing . I'm gonna have to work hard just to get my name in the ballot box once Sad Sad JO said this was a prequel for the competition next month, PLEASE whoever gets me on a team I PROMISE to do better I do, I do, I do!!!!

sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:17 am

Attached is a copy of the stats sheet for the first 15 nights of December.  I will post an update to this sheet every 5 days so you will know where you stand.

It seems there are now several players that have collected over half of the FT's needed to secure their raffle chances.  And there are 2 people who only have 5 more to go.  This is a very good start.

There are still 16 games left in December so there is still plenty of time to add to your score and increase the chance that you could be our winner!  drunken  cheers
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:02 am

Bonus Nights Added

I would like to announce that I have added 2 bonus nights into the chase for FT positions.

On December 24th and 31st, (Christmas Eve and New Year's eve), anyone who is still in the game after the first BREAK will earn a FT position. So all you have to do is make it to the first break and it will count as a Final Table seat.
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 5:24 pm

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Attached is a copy of the stats sheet for the first 20 nights of December.  I will post an update to this sheet every 5 days so you will know where you stand.

It seems there are now several players that have collected well over half of the FT's needed to secure their raffle chances.  And there are 3 people who only have 2 more to go.  This is a very good start.

Although anyone getting to 25 is looking pretty slim right now.

There are only 11 games left in December (but we have thrown in 2 Bonus nights) so there is still time to add to your score and increase the chance that you could be our winner!  drunken  cheers
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeeee Thank you very much JO!!!

Have I told ya lately how much I appreciate all you do for us? You are awesome JO!! Love ya, not just for what you do but for who you are!! I love you santa
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 11:00 am

When I first started this contest, I thought that we would have lots of names on the list. I did not realize how hard it would be to get 15 Final Tables. But we cracked the ceiling last night.

We had our first player break through and get his name on the list.

GandalfDwite has made it. If you want to join him, better get in the Tank.

Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 11:18 pm

Attached is a copy of the stats sheet for the first 25 nights of December.  I will post a final update to this sheet at the end of the month so you will know where you stand.

It seems there are now four players that have collected the required number of the FT's needed to secure their raffle chances.  

The four names in the hat so far are GandalfDwite, Phoenix Maya, FLSnookman, and zzHoneyBeezz.

Remember 15 FT's gets your name in the hat, 20 FT's gets your name in twice, and 25 FT's nets you a third opportunity.  Although it doesn't appear anyone can get to 25 right now.

There are only 6 games left in December (but we do have 1 Bonus night) so there is still time to add to your score and increase the chance that you could be our winner!  drunken  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling All Tankers   Calling All Tankers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling All Tankers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next