Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drunk Tank Team Challenge

Go down 
+22
Rhino4646
zzHONEYBEEzz
QueenBee9979
TrumpinJoe
horsewoman72
11SCORPIUS11
Mischiff
TEXASDUKE
Morganhell's
Jellikit
mtnestegg
Brayleegirl
dale442
Phoenix Maya
gatehouse999
wetmoose 613
BUZZLIYEAR
effsea
Jordan2652
chelle867
sandtrap777
Johnny Oak
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:28 am

It's that time of the month again. New teams will be selected in October. Please send me a PM if you would prefer to NOT be on a team. Remember that if you do not play on a team you can still play as a free agent. But team members are expected to play at least once every 5 days.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:58 pm

I'll be on a team... but there is one stretch where i will miss 5 days in a row... I'm in Vegas for 5 days. Other than then, I can play basically the rest of the month.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:17 pm

I would like to thank the individuals who represented team "Beer Battered" and who sometimes were scattered, splattered, smothered and covered and a whole lot of other things that made them a great team to be a part of for the month of September. I thank each of you: GTAE82, 1timmy2121, zzHoneyBeezz, QueemBee9979, Horsewoman72, 68flash68 and MrAlternator for keeping me up way past my bedtime.... because you are that good. cheers It has been my honor to cheers for each of you. It was fun and remember we will always have September!!! I love you I have asked Johnny not to put me on a team next month, as I will not be playing regularly, but will still play when able. Everyone in the Tank has great personalities and I will enjoy playing with all of you in the future. I love you all!!!! Thanks team "Beer Battered" for the momories!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:00 am

Team Results - Final
(For September)

Team "Beer Battered" Points – 568.39

Team "Justin Bieber Sucks" Points – 483.95

Team "Boozers" Points – 390.04

Team "Thugzz, Jugzz, and Frosted Mugzz" Points – 362.08

In our history there have only been a few months that came down to the wire - This wasn't one of those months. The winning team took control of the lead after the second period and never gave it up. It just seemed like every final table appeared to be a called team meeting. In the end it would be the Beer Battered team who got to sing, "We just won the Drunk Tank, We just won the Drunk Tank."

Despite a valiant effort throughout the season and even some last minute heroics which included scores by Phoenix Maya, Mcrissinger, and Brayleegirl, team Thugzz, Jugzz, and Frosted Mugzz has ended this season in last place. So if you see any of them crying into their empty mugzz, tell them better luck next month.

Although there was a good effort by several members of the team which included contributions in the last period by Sinman64, Easychip4U, Tom905, Julestubby25, Effsea, and Johnny Oak, team Boozers found themselves in third place for the season. Included was 1 first place win by Effsea. They do, however, win the third place prize of 1600 play chips to distribute to the team members.

In second place for the season is team Justin Bieber Sucks. Even though they rose in the rankings for the entire season, and they fought hard to the end with an impressive 9 ITM showings in the last period including contributions by HoboJim11247, Jordan2652, 11Scorpious11, and !!!111Dan, with 2 first place wins by Jordan2652, still it was not enough to catch up to the Battered lead. They will get the second place prize of 4000 chips to give to their members.

In the end it was the incredible steady performance of the players coupled with the awesome support of Captain Judy that caused a win for the Beer Battered team. It was a strong contingent of players that combined for 10 ITM placements. Strong showings by nearly all members including MrAlternator, Horsewoman72, Queenbee9979, zzHoneyBeezz, 1Timmy2121, GTAE92, and GmaJudy, that was good enough to launch Team Beer Battered into an exciting lead on the final day of the season. They will split the first place prize of 8000 chips amonst it's players.

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:33 am

Congrats!! cheers

Justin Bieber still sucks. Twisted Evil

Thanks to everyone for a great effort. Wink
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:19 pm

It is an absoluté privilédgé to bé ablé to play héré with all you gréat péoplé, gréat playérs and supér sportswomén/mén. Thé compétition héré is INTÉNSÉ and sométimés downright brutal, but it`s sooooo fun, I`m névér without a smilé on my facé. I want to thank you all for létting mé play, laugh and léarn bésidé éach and évéryoné of you. I lové you guys!! Spécial thanks to my Captain who wént abové and béyond thé call of duty évéry singlé gamé not only giving hér 100% in hér gamé but also giving unwavéring support to évéry téammémbér as wéll as éncouraging othér playérs whén théy néédéd it! Shé is thé BÉST!! cheers JUDY ROCKS!! cheers JUDY ROCKS!! cheers JUDY ROCKS!! cheers

I want to givé a spécial shout out to Éff... ìt`s just not thé samé without you. I think about you évérytimé I want to yéll RIGGÉD!! or gét déalt 7-2. Will bé happy whén you réturn.

Big thanks to JO for all thé work hé puts into thé tank évéry month, you sir aré incrédiblé!

Again thank you ALL, from thé bottom of my héart, for évérything I love you B

WOW that`s thé most sérious as I`vé béén in a looooonnnggg timé... béttér finish this off with a bit (ok, ALOT) of sillinéss.. a littlé sométhing I workéd on last night.. hopé it makés you all smilé Laughing
Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Bear_b11
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:15 pm

September was another great month in the Tank. Special thanks to my teammates on team Beer Battered for lugging my dead weight around for most of the month. Judy was a great Captain, cheering each of us on every night. And Honeybee, its always fun when you are at the table or in the chat window. All of you guys are great fun and excellent competition.

With that said, I am going to take October off to rest and recharge. I think I've played all but about 5 nights since March. When I'm on a team I really feel obligated to play every night, not just once every 5. Between work and the Tank, I'm left with only about an hour a day for everything else. I need to focus on the "To Do" list around the house and spending more time with the family. I might practice a bit more on my real money play in preparation for PokerStars return to the U.S. (Hopefully)

I will stop by and play in the Tank from time to time because I know I can't stay away for too long. I'm not going to be satisfied till I finish a month in First place on the individual list. Two second place finishes is still sticking in my craw. Thanks for making the Tank so fun and good luck to all of you in October!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 pm

Oooops I made a mistake in the team selection process. I will fix it and post the new teams in a few minutes.

So sorry for any problem this may have caused. I am not prone to making mistakes but I made a big one here the correct order has been posted below.

Last edited by Johnny Oak on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:05 am

Here We Go Again

It's time to kick off a new team challenge. For this October we will once again have four teams who will be playing for top points and bragging rights. Anyone who finished in the top 32 from the prior month and had 5 or more games will be qualified to be added to the teams. For those who didn't, please stop in and play so you can be qualified for next month's Challenge.

As usual, here are a few suggestions and rules to make it fair to everyone... This is a fun challenge and a friendly competition... NO ganging up on opposing members, OR taking it easy on your own members. Play as you normally do and at the end of the month after the final game has been played the points will be tallied to see which group gets bragging rights.

Rule 1 – The top four players (from the previous month) will be assigned as Captains of their teams and will get the honor of naming that team.

Rule 2 – Teams will consist of 8 players initially assigned to each team. If any member of a team has not played for a 5 day period within the month, the Captain can request (via a PM to me) that they be replaced by the next highest eligible player (see replacement policy below). All points earned by the replacement up to that point will be added to the gaining team’s score.

Rule 3 – The Captain of the winning team will receive 8000 chips to distribute to their team members. Second place team will get 4000. Third place will get 1600, and Fourth place will get to hang their shirts on the clothesline to dry.

Rule 4 – This season we will still be using a scoring system that includes a combined score of Points, Games, and Knock Outs.

Sorry I made a blatant error in the first posting and inadvertantly misplaced one person, that was my fault.
So here are the new teams as determined by last month's (correct) finishing order,

Team "OKTOBERFEST" consists of the following players:

JWK24 (Cpt)
11Scorpious11
Dale442
XXChris123
68Flash68
Tom905
Oriholic
Rhino4646

Team "THE BOOZERS" consists of the following players:

Johnny Oak (Cpt)
BrayleeGirl
Chilli 2 U
1Timmy2121
Megg23
BobbyTheFish
Dgg4
Mcrissinger

Team "FUNNY FARM" consists of the following players:

Horsewoman72 (Cpt)
!!!111Dan
QueenBee9979
Phoenix Maya
Easychips 4U
MeowSasKitty
Chelle867
Texasduke

Team "HONEY’S MOONERS" consists of the following players:

zzHoneyBeezz (Cpt)
Jordan2652
Catndoglvr
Hobojim11247
Sinman64
Julestubby25
MrAlternator
WetMoose 613

Replacement Policy – All players of the Drunk Tank that were not selected to be on one of the four teams will automatically be added to a free agents team. If a player misses five or more days the Captain can request a replacement. At that time I will assign the highest scoring free agent to the team. If this free agent has opted out for the month I will send them a one-time request to join a team. If they respond within 24 hrs, that they would like to join, they will be added. If they turn down the request, (or do not respond), they will then become unavailable for the rest of the month. Only one replacement will be allowed for each 5-day period, and no replacements are allowed in the final period.

I will add updates to this thread (approx) every 5 days as to how the teams are doing. Good luck to all four teams and hope we can have another close race this month.

Also note I have attached a PDF with all the team names if you wish to download or print it out.

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Bonnie...I submit the following for our team's song. jocolor

Anyone who remembers Dr. Dimento's radio show may have this little tune tucked away in their memory. Twisted Evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

alien
Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Perfect theme song. sad to admit I do remember it far to well lol!
Back to top Go down
Brayleegirl

Brayleegirl

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 pm

lol! lol! lol! Dan that is perfect!! affraid
Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 pm

affraid I knew me not playin' would eventually cause this.. No ... I'm really sorry gang.. Twisted Evil really clown
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Jellikit wrote:

Anyone who remembers Dr. Dimento's radio show may have this little tune tucked away in their memory. Twisted Evil

alien

lol! lol!

afro afro afro

Dan it is the PERFECT team song!!!

tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Jordan2652 wrote:
Perfect theme song. sad to admit I do remember it far to well lol!

Hey I remember that one too. But it won't be on the CD.
Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:59 pm

horsewoman72 wrote:
Jellikit wrote:

alien

lol! lol!

afro afro afro

Dan it is the PERFECT team song!!!

tongue tongue

That is gréat !! Laughing And I was surpriséd whén I listénéd also, suré thought it would go.. "Young McBonnié had a farm.. É I É I O and on this farm théré wéré somé donkéys É I É I O with a Héé Haw héré, and a Héé Haw théré, héré a Héé, théré a Haw, évérywhéré a HééHaw" Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:56 pm

Even though I fit in perfectly with my new team's name for Oct... Sadly, I'll have to resign.

I don't think I'll be able to play enough games this month, and those that I can play, I just won't be in in for the long-haul.

GL everyone. Hopefully I can show up more than a few times, I just don't want to leave my mass amount of suck on my team.

Really wish I could be part of this. The Drunk Tank has been my home for a long time. Always wanted to get my Captain's spot, but with life and bar hopping in the way, it just never happened.

Hope to get my shit worked out for next month so that I can be on a team and help it win the month.

GL everyone. I know you'll always throw down a great game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:07 am

Guess I need to show up tonite to distribute the 8,000 chips to team members. Happy to see Horsewoman72 and zzHoneyBeezz as team captains, along with J O and JWK. Loved the team song and zzHoneyBeezz's new lyrics!!! Also, great job on Beer Battered pic zzHoneyBee!!!! Laughing Loved it!!!! Hope to see U all tonight.
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 am

Glad everyone liked the song. cheers
Sammy says it's a little scary. Wink ...now if I could get it to stop running through my head. affraid

Judy reminded me of distributing play chips. I don't think I've received them for either the Naked team or last month, but tomorrow night, I'll be distributing them for both 2nd place finishes. It isn't much and I'm not worried about getting them back. Personally, I think we need to up these amounts a bit. I have an idea on a couple things that I'll be throwing at the tank board members on how we can increase the tank's bank and payouts...kind of like the tic club. If I can build a play-chip BR into the millions through just sng's(a couple tourneys like "Cowboys Full" for guys) and good br mgmt, I know we as a club can. I just need to see how much we're distributing total each month and how we're sitting presently.

I'd also like to see what people think about a higher buy-in for the tank..around 1k possibly. Is this a problem for anyone, do you see it being one? You can reload every day, and if I remember right, 2K x 3 times a day..is that right? Let us know your thoughts gang.

One last thing...we've discussed a couple idea on bounties in the tank. It looks like we may be starting to add a twist to the turd game on Thursday. If you're the turd, then you must put up a bounty on yourself in the game you select. We're thinking of around 2K, but to kick it off this week, I'll be putting one of 5K on myself for Thursday night's Razz game. This isn't set in stone yet, but we do have a majority approval in the board right now. Regardless, I will be placing the bounty for this week, and likely we'll continue it at the 2K amount. Johnny Oak will be discussing it more I'm sure, and he has already put it in the game's lobby for Thursday night.
Thanks everyone for any feedback.
Dano alien
Back to top Go down
Brayleegirl

Brayleegirl

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 am

Sounds great Dan! If anyone needs play chips please let me know......sngs are great for building your BR and I have a few million; I am happy to donate. I transferred a million to JO last month, sorta forgot to let him know I sent it and it was for the Tank, oops my bad. Wink drunken

Let us know when we can start posting bounties on others, got a few I would like to post, pay backs you know........ Twisted Evil affraid

Thanks to the board members; you guys rock!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:57 am

new ideas are always a good thing ... and majority rules ... gl with them

flower Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven flower

Last edited by megg23 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Megg, are you saying this would be a problem? This is why I'm throwing it out there..to make sure it isn't. We don't have to up the buy-ins, and haven't even discussed it as a board. I just want to know where people are at. If some are already reloading play chips on a regular basis, then we probably wouldn't want to increase the buy-ins for the nightly games.
Like Bray, if anyone ever needs play chips, please don't hesitate to ask. A number of people have plenty to give away.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Brayleegirl wrote:
I transferred a million to JO last month, sorta forgot to let him know I sent it and it was for the Tank, oops my bad. Wink drunken

I wondered where those came from.
I thought I must have hit the play money lottery.

Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Dano count me in on the TIC thing. Just let me know which
country you want me to take them from.
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Danno

I think it is a great idea to increase the buy in and to have bigger prizes. I know that I have donated chips to the club in the past and would be more than willing to donate again. I have several million play chips and would be willing to donate directly to the club or to any player who needs some chips to play. It is easy to go play a few play sng's and top up the bank so to speak.

sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drunk Tank Team Challenge
Page 12 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next