Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Member rule board etc

Go down 
+14
Phoenix Maya
Razzys
dale442
mtnestegg
Jellikit
sandtrap777
wetmoose 613
BUZZLIYEAR
Brayleegirl
horsewoman72
zzHONEYBEEzz
Johnny Oak
gatehouse999
effsea
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Jordan2652 wrote:

Chelle, where did it go Question I got a cup of Dano's coffee and poof its gone.
You had some good points, sorry I didn't get to absorb more. thx

I just got on here and heard there was a post that I needed to read... and can't find it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Brayleegirl

Brayleegirl

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:38 pm

chelle867 wrote:
joy7108 wrote:
Chelle, thank you for a very eloquent post. Differences will always arise in large groups, it's how we handle them that is a true measure of our worth.

ty Joy (blush), guess I didn't handle it too good after all... I sure miss playing with you....

Ty TJ as well... hearing from you both means a lot to me... very wise words and great advice always from you two.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day.

♥️ Michelle

Chelle Don't ever give up!! Your opinion counts and was worded very well. I appreciate your time in making the post so please put it back for all to see??? Sad

Let's have fun and enjoy the game and instead of getting bitter let's get better! cheers Very Happy

I love you Ms. Chelle!

flower

Remember:
A hundred years from now it won't make a difference! Very Happy

Last edited by Brayleegirl on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Great Post Bray..Michelle Looney Bin ? I thought the team is called Funny Farm , and what bray said don't ever give up or stop caring Love ya my friend...See ya at the next game I love you
Back to top Go down
wetmoose 613

wetmoose 613

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:46 pm

chelle come back chelle and bring yur post wit you

this is getting way outta hand folks. reminds me of kiddie garden and i hope we not going into second childhood affraid affraid drunken drunken drunken

PS
by the way chelle its called passion . never loose it. it makes us all unique and intresting
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:56 pm

What happened? Guess I missed it.

Last edited by Johnny Oak on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 3:43 pm

chelle?

don't get me started.....hiccup

Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 pm

When I was a kid there was a Burger King about 3 blocks from my house. I used to love to go there and one of my favorite things to get was a strawberry milkshake. I always thought it was made special just for me. Then one day I discovered that there was really only one dispenser for ice cream and it was vanilla. If you ordered a strawberry or chocolate, all they did was pour out a vanilla and squirt some flavoring and chopped fruit into it and then stir it up.

It seems to me the Drunk Tank is a little bit like that. We started out with a basic vanilla, and for some it was good, but since then we have added some new flavors and with each new squirt created a new milkshake. Now we have a new flavor and to me it is better, because it still has that same vanilla base, but includes much more. I will tell you that I am a member of several other home games and will say without a doubt that the Drunk Tank is still the best Home Game on the planet.

Now it appears there are some that would prefer to go back to that plain vanilla milkshake. Now I do not want any players to leave this club, but I also do not want any players to stay if they are unhappy. For those players I would like to point out that there are two buttons on Home Games lobby window. One to “join” a club, and another to “create” a club. If you think there is a better club out there, where everybody is friendly, and they all get along, and they only play the cards you think they should, well then join it. If you don’t think there is a club like that, then create one.

Like I said I am not advocating that anyone leave, but sometimes you have to do what my wife tells me to do all the time. You just have to get happy in the same pants you got unhappy in.

TrumpinJoe wrote:

One lesson it took me way too long to learn is that I am responsible for my own happiness. If I let others take it away it is my mistake and not their's. No matter how they act or what they say, I am still am and will always be me.

This has to be the quote of the month, Never let anyone take your happiness away.
Back to top Go down
joy7108

joy7108

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 pm

chelle867 wrote:
joy7108 wrote:
Chelle, thank you for a very eloquent post. Differences will always arise in large groups, it's how we handle them that is a true measure of our worth.

ty Joy (blush), guess I didn't handle it too good after all... I sure miss playing with you....

Ty TJ as well... hearing from you both means a lot to me... very wise words and great advice always from you two.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day.

♥ Michelle

I thought you handled it extremely well, and I miss you as well.

Joy
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Maya

Phoenix Maya

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 1:50 am

JO
"It seems to me the Drunk Tank is a little bit like that. We started out with a basic vanilla, and for some it was good, but since then we have added some new flavors and with each new squirt created a new milkshake. Now we have a new flavor and to me it is better, because it still has that same vanilla base, but includes much more. I will tell you that I am a member of several other home games and will say without a doubt that the Drunk Tank is still the best Home Game on the planet"

Thats a great way to describe the Tank Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Cheers everyone.
The drunk tank will be fine. I have had a great time meeting and playing with you all and will especially miss the team challenge (sorry I bailed on ya HW).
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans and Happy Holidays all.
Good luck and have fun at the tables.

Greg
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:19 am

Well, I haven't had a chance to read through this whole post, BUT I am getting the gist of it quite well. John, Sand, Chilli and a few others have hit the nail on the head. When Johnny and I came up with creating a PSO type event the primary purpose was the following, or at least is what I understood and thought was agreed on...

Primarily, we wanted to keep everyone we played with together to still have fun while offering a challenge in an environment where we had to bring our best game to the table so we could continue to learn and each improve our own games. One of the things I felt we all agreed on is we didn't want The Tanks version of PSO to turn into a Donkfest, unfortunately when I took a hiatus a couple of months ago due to returning to work I had started to see things shifting. Now that I am back I am still seeing what I saw when I took a break and it's being confirmed by other members. Not only that but in the beginning, if you took a 4-6-8 week break, when you came back you damn well could be rest assured you were going to see the same people there at the tables. Now, those same members we tried to keep together are no where to be found at that table on a regular basis. I understand that people get busy, life changes, things happen, BUT you don't lose the amount of regular players all around the same time if there isn't something going on.

When we started these, I was more than willing to sit up half the night on a work night to play because I was learning something or reinforcing what I had learned. Right now with how the games are going, I'm not staying to do this because there are times I feel like I am sitting at a PSO table.

No one has to agree with me, life would be boring if everyone did. This is just me voicing my opinion and how I feel.

I was hoping that we would be able to get back on track, though with some of the sentiments being expressed here I'm not thinking that is possible.

Rosie
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: Re-posted Post...   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 11:51 am

I've received a number of requests to re-post what I originally posted the other day BEFORE I turned around and lost my mind the moment after posting. Click link below to see original post...

https://thetanks.canadian-forum.com/t478p90-new-member-rule-board-etc#8859

Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 am

Notice to Members

The board has reached a tentative solution and come to a compromise. It may not make everybody happy but is the best resolution we could hope for.

Effsea's original Drunk Tank will remain open to all players. The nightly games will continue to be scheduled as they are now. We would ask that all the current players continue to play and would also ask that all ex-players feel free to return. In addition, we would also welcome any new members that are friends of friends to join. The same two rules will be in place and strictly enforced. They are: Respect the other players and Have fun.

A new club has also been formed and will be run by some of our senior members. We wish them success and realize that some of our members may feel more comfortable playing there. It is important to know that members are NOT restricted to one club or another. You can be in both. Invitations to the new club will begin to circulate soon.

Hopefully we will continue to have exciting, challenging, and friendly games in both venues.
Back to top Go down
sandtrap777
Admin
sandtrap777

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Well said Johnny

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:56 pm

chelle867 wrote:

I've received a number of requests to re-post what I originally posted the other day BEFORE I turned around and lost my mind the moment after posting. Click link below to see original post...

https://thetanks.canadian-forum.com/t478p90-new-member-rule-board-etc#8859

Thank you very much for re-posting this Michelle , As I read through this and looked at the link that you posted of all the condolences to Rockman's family and realized he passed on the same day as my mom, just a few hours before her. I didn't realize I was even at the computer that day to send my condolences to his family , but , I guess i was on in the evening .December 30th , 2010 will always be stuck in my mind as one of the saddest days of my life in and outside of the poker comunity...I'm bout to tear up just thinking back to that day Crying or Very sad .....sorry I'm a softy lol...Anyways I think the Drunk tank should put on a Rockman rememberance tourney on the 30th of next month , I think that would be cool....Thanks again for re-posting as I didn't get to see this post the 1st time....Anyways RIP ROCKMAN and MOM!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 6:59 pm

sandtrap777 wrote:
Well said Johnny

cheers cheers

I'll 2nd that! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member rule board etc
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5