Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drunk Tank Team Challenge

Go down 
+22
Rhino4646
zzHONEYBEEzz
QueenBee9979
TrumpinJoe
horsewoman72
11SCORPIUS11
Mischiff
TEXASDUKE
Morganhell's
Jellikit
mtnestegg
Brayleegirl
dale442
Phoenix Maya
gatehouse999
wetmoose 613
BUZZLIYEAR
effsea
Jordan2652
chelle867
sandtrap777
Johnny Oak
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 am

Team Results - Final
(For July)

Team "Sinners n Saints" Points – 638.31

Team "Rambling Wrecks" Points – 602.85

Team "Green Egg and Hams" Points – 433.07

Team "Holdem's Heroes" Points – 337.14

In our history there have been some solid come from behind wins, this was one of them. After trailing behind in second for the first four periods the winning team took the lead in the fifth and final periods. Once again, Team spirit was awesome as each night the final table would get railed by team members cheering their mates on. In the end it would be a band of scally wags led by a man from California who got to sing, "We just won the Drunk Tank, We just won the Drunk Tank."

Despite an early season good showing and some last minute efforts which included scores by Hozzer44820, Sandtrap777, Easychips4U, Brkn80, and 11Scorpious11, team Holdem's Heroes has ended this season in last place. So if you see any of them huffin and puffin, tell them better luck next month.

Although there was a good effort by several members of the team which included contributions in the last period by Julestubby25, JerseyRon, Chilli 2 U, and Mtnestegg, team Green Egg and Hams found themselves in third place for the season. They do, however, win the third place prize of 1600 play chips to distribute to the team members.

In second place for the season is team Rambling Wrecks. Even though they were close for the entire season, they fought hard to the end with an impressive 7 ITM showings in the last period including contributions by Effsea, Mcrissinger, Phoenix Maya, Jordan2652, Grade b, Horsewoman72, and GTAE92, with 2 first place wins by Effsea and GTAE still it was not enough to catch up to the Sinners lead. They will get the second place prize of 4000 chips to give to their members.

In the end it was the awesome performance of the players coupled with the determination of Captain Sinman that caused a win for the Sinners n Saints. It was a strong contingent of players that combined for 15 ITM placements. Continued strong showings by all 8 members including Faery Tats, Buzzliyear, Chelle867, Johnny Oak, Wetmoose 613, Megg23, JWK24, and Sinman64, that was good enough to push Team Sinners n Saints into an exciting lead on the final day of the season. The S & S will split the first place prize of 8000 chips amonst it's players.

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
wetmoose 613

wetmoose 613

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:52 pm

as the anchor of this team( the thing that drags the bottom of the lake ) i d like to thank my team mates for getting my name on a trophy. i d also like to say everyone makes this place a great place to play learn and relax see y all next month bounce bounce bounce drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 pm

dam....effin rigged...hiccup

congrats tho.....lol

cheers all
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Here We Go Again

OK this marks our 1 year anniversary. We started this team challenge one year ago and now we are going into our next year. For this August we will once again have four teams who will be playing for top points and bragging rights. Anyone who finished in the top 32 from the prior month and had 5 or more games will be qualified to be added to the teams. For those who didn't, please stop in and play so you can be qualified for next month's Challenge.

As usual, here are a few suggestions and rules to make it fair to everyone... This is a fun challenge and a friendly competition... NO ganging up on opposing members, OR taking it easy on your own members. Play as you normally do and at the end of the month after the final game is played the points will be tallied to see which group gets bragging rights.

Rule 1 – The top four players (from the previous month) will be assigned as Captains of their teams and will get the honor of naming that team.

Rule 2 – Teams will consist of 8 players initially assigned to each team. If any member of a team has not played for a 5 day period within the month, the Captain can request (via a PM to me) that they be replaced by the next highest eligible player. All points earned by the replacement up to that point will be added to the gaining team’s score.

Rule 3 – The Captain of the winning team will receive 8000 chips to distribute to their team members. Second place team will get 4000. Third place will get 1600, and Fourth place will get to look at the trophy.

Rule 4 – This season we will be using a scoring system that includes Points, Games, and Knock Outs.

So here are the new teams as determined by last month's finishing order,

Team "RAMBLING WRECKS" consists of the following players:

GTAE92 (Cpt)
Chelle867
11Scorpious11
Horsewoman72
Mcrissinger
Chilli 2 U
Hozzer44820
Nobisquit

Team "RUM RUNNERS" consists of the following players:

Jordan2652 (Cpt)
Moxie Pip
Sinman64
QueenBee9979
Oriholic
Julestubby25
Easychips 4U
JerseyRon

Team "DUCKS and TRUCKS" consists of the following players:

Faery Tats (Cpt)
Effsea
JWK24
zzHoneyBeezz
Megg23
Phoenix Maya
WetMoose 613
FLSnookman

Team "WE PlAY NAKED" consists of the following players:

!!!111Dan (Cpt)
Grade b
Mischiff
Johnny Oak
Brkn80
Mtnestegg
Sandtrap777
Morganhell's

At the end of the month the teams will be reassigned by player position and the first 32 players who have the minimum number of games (usually 3-5) will be added to the new teams (unless they opt out).

I will add updates to this thread (approx) every 5 days as to how the teams are doing. Good luck to all four teams and hope we can have another close race this month.

Also note I have attached a PDF with all the team names and standing if you wish to download or print it out.

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:55 pm

OK so the Good news: I'm on a team called "We Play Naked"
Now the bad news: There's only one girl on the team
Now the great news: I'ts MORGAN!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Congrats to all of Julys teams and good luck to Augusts teams!!!

For those on Ducks and Trucks we need to kick ASS!!!

For those awaiting Julys payouts. I will be making them between tonight, Saturday and Sunday. I won't be here on friday night due to dinner reservations with hubby and friends to celebrate our 17 year anniversary!

Rosie Posie
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: The Drunk Tank 1 ~ July, 2012 1st Place Trophy   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:29 pm

The Drunk Tank 1 ~ July, 2012 1st Place Trophy
has been posted in the trophy room...

Congratulations Sinners & Saints for your 1st Place win!

Good luck to our August, 2012 teams!!!

AND...

HAPPY unofficial/official
1-Year Anniversary to The Drunk Tank!

♥ Michelle

Last edited by chelle867 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : formatting error)
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:22 am

Team Results - Day 5

The first period results for August are in, and one of the teams has jumped into an early lead. However, it is very early in the contest, and there could still be some come from behind winners.

Once again the team play and performance is outstanding. We are still experiencing a slow down in the number of players due to vacations and family outings but it is still highly competitive.

Team "Rambling Wrecks" Points – 85.54

Team "We Play Naked" Points – 82.7

Team "Duck and Trucks" Points – 80.09

Team "Rum Runners" Points – 61.3

Leaping into first place with an extremely strong combination of wins by Hozzer44820, Chilli 2U, Mcrissinger, Horsewoman72, 11Scorpious11, and GTAE92, who finished in all 5 tournies was team Rambling Wrecks. Congratulations to Chilli 2U who posted a first place win as well.

Allthough there was an impressive collection of wins by several members of the team, including Morganhell's, Mischiff, Grade b, and !!!111Dan, Team We Play Naked fell just short to land into second place. There were 2 back to back first place wins in this group by Grade b.

In a battle for third place, the members of the Ducks and Trucks had a good collection of wins by nearly every member including FLsnookman, Wetmoose 613, Phoenix Maya, Megg23, zzHoneyBeezz, JWK24, and Effsea, with an additional first place win by Wetmoose.

In this the first period of the month, The Rum Runners now find themselves in fouth place, despite point contributions by Easychip4U, Julestubby25, QueenBee9979,Sinman64, and Jordan2652. With a very nice first place win by Sinman.

When asked, Captain Jordan said, "Did you see when that one water polo girl pulled that other girl's bathing suit off on live TV, man I live for those moments."

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:18 pm

For the Record

Team Rambling Wrecks has requested and received a roster change. The new player will be GmaJudy and her accumulated points will be added to team Rambling Wrecks total score. This player will replace a player that has been inactive for over 5 days. As of today this leaves the team in first place. Good luck to all the teams and look for a new update here after the 10th.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:34 pm

For the Record

Team We Play Naked has requested and received a roster change. The new player will be XXChris123 and his accumulated points will be added to team We Play Naked total score. This player will replace a player that has been inactive for over 5 days. As of today this leaves the team in second place. Good luck to all the teams and look for a new update here after the 10th.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:43 pm

Team Results - Day 10

The second period results for August are completed, and one of the newest members is making quite a stir, but has not been able to catch that first place team yet. But this is only the second period and there have been some come from behind winners before.

Once again the team play and performance is outstanding. We are back to averaging just below 30 players a night and had one night where we were at 33. Way to go Tankers.

Team "Rambling Wrecks" Points – 207

Team "We Play Naked" Points – 168.83

Team "Duck and Trucks" Points – 151.72

Team "Rum Runners" Points – 94.99

Maintaining their first place lead with an extremely strong combination of wins by every member of the team including GmaJudy, Hozzer44820, Chilli 2U, Mcrissinger, Horsewoman72, 11Scorpious11, Chelle867, and GTAE92, who finished in all 5 tournies was team Rambling Wrecks.

Allthough there was an impressive collection of wins by several members of the team, including Morganhell's, Sandtrap777, XXChris123, Grade b, and !!!111Dan, Team We Play Naked fell just short to land into second place. There was an incredible new record set with 4 back to back first place wins in this group by XXChris123. (just a note - in the history of the club there have only been 8 players who scored back to back wins)

In a battle for third place, the members of the Ducks and Trucks had a good collection of wins by several members including Wetmoose 613, Megg23, zzHoneyBeezz, JWK24, and Faery Tats.

In this the second period of the month, The Rum Runners still find themselves in fourth place, despite point contributions by JerseyRon, QueenBee9979, and Jordan2652.

When asked, Captain Jordan said, "When you are planning your come from behind strategy, you have to start from behind."

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:46 pm

this was a great response

When asked, Captain Jordan said, "When you are planning your come from behind strategy, you have to start from behind."

that is just a great line if he came up with that thats classic
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:53 am

For the Record

Team We Play Naked has requested and received a roster change. The new player will be Buzz904 and his accumulated points will be added to team We Play Naked total score. This player will replace a player that has been inactive for over 5 days. As of today this leaves the team in second place. Good luck to all the teams and look for a new update here after the 15th.
Back to top Go down
Mischiff

Mischiff

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:42 am

Hey!

I know I haven't been around too much this month, I think I've played only twice so far. Work has been brutally busy.

But I came second one of those two nights and had points.

So my sensitive side is wondering why I got bumped off of team "we play naked"

Was it because I had clothes on one of those nights? Sorry bout that but my air conditioning had the place too cold!

All good.

Regardless, hope to get in to play tomorrow night if I can get home early enough for a change. Looking forward to catching up with peeps.

Cheers all,

Mis
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:46 am

For the Record

Team Rum Runners has requested and received a roster change. The new player will be 1Timmy2121 and his accumulated points will be added to team Rum Runners total score. This player will replace a player that has been inactive for over 5 days. As of today this leaves the team in fourth place. Good luck to all the teams and look for a new update here after the 15th.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Hey Mischiff,
I'm sorry I had to replace you. If I remember right, you had actually only played one game. As you should know, I was glad to have you on the team, but when you didn't show for a week, I didn't have much choice but to look for a replacement. If a member is out for at least 5 days, a coach may replace them. Since we hadn't heard from you, I just couldn't be sure you were returning.
Please accept my apologies as I was only looking out for everyone on the team.
It has nothing to do with anything else, just availability and participation.

Dano
Back to top Go down
Mischiff

Mischiff

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:47 pm

All good Dano.

Work has been stupid and I don't blame you at all bud.

Besides, I've gotten all kind of mileage out of it already and have more fodder to loft your way in the coming weeks, if I can get in to trash talk ;o)

I was disappointed you weren't in tonight so I could razz you.

So like I stated, no big deal. Now I get to represent the true underdogs, the Free Agents!

Mis (Mark)
Proud Free Agent
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 am

Sorry bud. ...oh wait, no I'm not. Razz

The wife is out of town until today so being alone w/ the little man the past few days has kept me busy. Even when I have played I've been majorly distracted and sucked more than usual. Wink

I should be in tonight.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Team Results - Day 15

The third period results for August are in, and the second place team is making quite a push, but has not been able to catch that first place team yet. But the gap is getting closer and there have been some come from behind winners before.

Once again the team play and performance is outstanding. It is amazing to be at the final table and see how many people are still hanging around cheering their mates on. The average dropped to about 25 players a night which is still a very good turn out. Way to go Tankers.

Team "Rambling Wrecks" Points – 283.71

Team "We Play Naked" Points – 270.03

Team "Duck and Trucks" Points – 222.96

Team "Rum Runners" Points – 177.78

Still keeping a firm grip on their first place lead with some strong contributions by GmaJudy, Hozzer44820, Chelle867, and GTAE92, was team Rambling Wrecks. There was also a first place showing by GTAE92.

Allthough there was an impressive collection of wins by several members of the team, including Sandtrap777, Buzz904, Johnny Oak, and !!!111Dan, Team We Play Naked fell just short to land into second place. There was also a first place win by !!!111Dan.

Not far behind but still in third place, the members of the Ducks and Trucks had a good collection of wins by several members including Megg23, zzHoneyBeezz, JWK24, Effsea, and Faery Tats.

We are now in the third period of the month, and The Rum Runners still find themselves in fourth place, despite point contributions by Oriholic, 1Timmy2121, and Jordan2652.

When asked, Captain Jordan said, "Life is like a box of chocolates, if you leave it in the sun it melts all over you."

Johnny and Tits
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Great job by the team last night. I know Megg even enjoyed it. Razz Embarassed Very Happy

I'll be a little late tonight, but should be home in time to get in the game.

Let's make a strong naked push to the end!

ummmm... hmmmmm...

yeah, i'll stick with that. Twisted Evil

alien
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:26 am

For the Record

Team We Play Naked has requested and received a roster change. The new player will be BrayleeGirl and her accumulated points will be added to team Naked's total score. This player will replace a player that has been inactive for over 5 days. As of today this leaves the team in very close second place. Good luck to all the teams and look for a new update here after the 20th.
Back to top Go down
Mischiff

Mischiff

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Johnny Oak wrote:
For the Record

Team We Play Naked has requested and received a roster change. The new player will be BrayleeGirl and her accumulated points will be added to team Naked's total score. This player will replace a player that has been inactive for over 5 days. As of today this leaves the team in very close second place. Good luck to all the teams and look for a new update here after the 20th.

All I have to say to this is:

Well Crash!

Okay, one more thing:

Go Bray! Go Bray!
(or is that two things?)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:28 am

What a great night for the Rambling Wrecks Friday! If my math is right you guys got us 33.04 points on Friday alone. cheers I apologize that I could not stay awake long enough to root all the team members to the finish.

While the Captain was no help at all, everyone made strong runs including 5 of you in the points. We have had great participation this month by all 8 team members with 3 of us entered in all 17 tournaments and an average of 14.5 tournaments each for the whole team.

I'm sure the other teams will make a strong push late in the month as usual so we will have to stay on our A game. I promise I'm gonna get my butt in gear and help out!
Back to top Go down
Brayleegirl

Brayleegirl

PostSubject: Well crash!   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:33 am

Well said Mis!! lol!

Yikes! affraid Pressure!! Surprised Naked ???? scratch Shocked

Crash!! sunny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
horsewoman72

horsewoman72

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:18 am

lol! lol!

lmao Mis one evening drinking with Kathy and you know her favourite expression. Well Crash you are just too observant.

cheers sunny cheers
flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drunk Tank Team Challenge
Page 9 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next