Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drunk Tank Team Challenge

Go down 
+22
Rhino4646
zzHONEYBEEzz
QueenBee9979
TrumpinJoe
horsewoman72
11SCORPIUS11
Mischiff
TEXASDUKE
Morganhell's
Jellikit
mtnestegg
Brayleegirl
dale442
Phoenix Maya
gatehouse999
wetmoose 613
BUZZLIYEAR
effsea
Jordan2652
chelle867
sandtrap777
Johnny Oak
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:00 am

Jellikit wrote:
Sorry I haven't been in much this month to support you JO and the team.

How is the last day looking? Howi, myself, and Bon got 1,2, and 5 respectively w/ 10 KO's tonight.
cheers drunken bounce

Hey No Problem Dan!

The Boozers did well last night and will go into the final day with a lead. But the lead has swapped back and forth for the past 5 days, so it really is going to be a tight finish. We will need all the Hiccups, Boozers and Bandits we can get for this final push.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:55 am

Team Results - Final
(For April)

Team "Boozers" Points – 327.77

Team "Hiccups" Points – 316.35

Team "Bandits" Points – 226.77

Sometimes these things are close, but rarely does one team come out of the shadows at the very last moment to claim victory. Operating with stealth and precision one team laid back and waited for it's opening, then struck with a flurry. In the end, it would be a bunch of Boozers who got to sing, "We just won the Drunk Tank, We just won the Drunk Tank."

Despite a valiant effort throughout the season and even some last minute heroics which included scores by some quality members of the team, including Julestubby25, PsychoVas, and Chelle867, Including 2 first place wins by Julestubby and PsychoVas, team Bandits has ended this season in last place. So if you see any of them trading in their sombreros you will understand why. They do, however, win the third place prize of 18K play chips to distribute to the team members.

In second place for the season is team Hiccup. Even though they were in first most of the time throughout the season, and they fought hard to the end with impressive showings in the last period including contributions by GandalfDwite, Rhino4646, and the drunken leader Effsea, with a first place win by Rhino, still it was not enough to catch up to the Boozer lead. They will get the second place prize of 45K chips to give to their members.

In the end it was the incredible steady performance of the players coupled with a little help from a humble captain that caused a win for the Boozer team. It was a strong contingent of players that combined for 8 ITM placements. Strong showings in the final period by several members including Horsewoman72, Tom905, !!!111Dan, Howitzer, and Johnny Oak including two first place wins by Horsewoman and Howitzer, that was good enough to launch Team Boozers into an exclusive lead on the final day of the season. They will split the first place prize of 90K chips amongst the players.

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Eff

Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: The Drunk Tank ~ April, 2013 1st Place Team Trophy   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 5:05 am

The Drunk Tank ~ April, 2013 1st Place Team Trophy
has been posted in the Trophy Room

Click here to go straight to the trophy...
https://thetanks.canadian-forum.com/t1148-the-drunk-tank-april-2013-1st-place-trophy#14143

Back to top Go down
zzHONEYBEEzz

zzHONEYBEEzz

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:01 pm

bounce cheers WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOOZERS!!! cheers Basketball

Thank you Johnny for being the AWESOME captain you are!! Also thanks to all of my teammates, you guys and lady ROCK!!!

Thanks to alla the Hiccups and Bandits for showing up, playing and kicking my arse!! You guys n gals sure put up a fight and made it hella fun!! I love you Love you peeps.
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: The Drunk Tank ~ May, 2013 1st Place Trophy   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:56 pm

The Drunk Tank ~ May, 2013 1st Place Trophy
has been posted in the Trophy Room

Click here to go straight to the trophy...
https://thetanks.canadian-forum.com/t1185-the-drunk-tank-may-2013-1st-place-trophy
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:13 am

We're Back

Just a note that the team Challenge will return in September.  The captains and the teams will depend on the finishing order from the month of August.  We will probably start with just two teams - the Odds and the Evens.

The rules will be the same except we will be adding an extra point for anyone who bubbles a tourney.

As the participation grows we will add more teams.  You must play at least 5 games in August to be on a team in September, so sign up and play when you can.

Johnny and Eff
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:20 pm

yahoo....hiccup
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Just a reminder that teams will be selected automatically from the active players list. You must have played 5 games in the month of August to qualify. All players will be on one team or the other depending on the finishing order.

Please let me know via PM or post if you would NOT like to be on a team. I will put you on the by stander list.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:15 pm

I havent been able to play in august but i should be on starting tommorow. No biggie if i cant be on a team just thought id let ya know.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Flsnookman wrote:
I havent been able to play in august but i should be on starting tommorow. No biggie if i cant be on a team just thought id let ya know.
We may need subs. I will keep you on the sub list.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Here We Go Again

Well it’s that time again.  For this September we will return to our regular team format.  We will have two teams who will be playing for top points and bragging rights, but we will return to having eight member teams.  All members who finished the prior month and had 5 or more games will be qualified to be added to the teams. For anyone who didn't, please stop in and play so you can be qualified for next month's Challenge.

As usual, here are a few suggestions and rules to make it fair to everyone... This is a fun challenge and a friendly competition...  NO ganging up on opposing members, OR taking it easy on your own members.  Play as you normally do and at the end of the month, after the final game has been played, the points will be tallied to see which group gets bragging rights.

Rule 1 – The top two players (from the previous month) will be assigned as Captains of their teams and will get the honor of naming that team.  (If a player declines we will go to next in line.)

Rule 2 – Teams will consist of 8 players initially assigned to each team. If any member of a team has not played for a 5 day period within the month, the Captain can request (via a PM to me) that they be replaced by the next highest eligible player (see replacement policy below). All points earned by the replacement up to that point will be added to the gaining team’s score.  

Rule 3 – The Captain of the winning team will receive 160K chips to distribute to their team members (20K a piece).  Second place team will get 80K.  

Rule 4 – This season we will use a scoring system to include a combined score of Points and Knock Outs, plus one additional point to bubble position for each night.   

So here are the new teams as determined by last month's finishing order,

Team "THE WIZARDS" consists of the following players:

GandalfDwite (Cpt)
Nobisquit
Effsea
Rhino4646
MrChaps05
PsychoVas
Jordan2652
Horsewoman72

Team "THE BOOZERS" consists of the following players:

Johnny Oak (Cpt)
CaseyBaby1
Wetmoose 613
Julestubby25
Phoenix Maya
Tom905
zzHoneyBeezz
Chelle867

Replacement Policy – All players of the Drunk Tank that were not selected to be on one of the two teams will automatically be added to a free agents team.  If a player misses five or more days the Captain can request a replacement.  At that time I will assign the highest scoring free agent to the team.  If this free agent has opted out for the month I will send them a one-time request to join a team.  If they respond within 24 hrs, that they would like to join, they will be added.  If they turn down the request, (or do not respond), they will then become unavailable for the rest of the month.  Only one replacement will be allowed for each 5-day period, and no replacements are allowed in the final period.

I will add updates to this thread (approx) every 5 days as to how the teams are doing.  Good luck to all two teams and hope we can have a close race this month.

Also note I have attached a PDF with all the team names if you wish to download or print it out.

Johnny and Eff
Back to top Go down
BUZZLIYEAR

BUZZLIYEAR

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:15 pm

wy is to nights game nlholdem but its supost to be horse is it a cock up or am i seeing it rong.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:20 pm

BUZZLIYEAR wrote:
wy is to nights game nlholdem but its supost to be horse is it a cock up or am i seeing it rong.
someone's using too much of their own product. lol!   not that i'd have ever done it before Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:26 pm

horse game is now up..................hiccup
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: The Drunk Tank ~ August, 2013 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place Trophy Winners   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 pm

The Drunk Tank ~ August, 2013
1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place Trophies
have been posted

Click the link below
to be taken directly to the trophy room:

https://thetanks.canadian-forum.com/t1286-the-drunk-tank-august-2013-1st-2nd-3rd-place-trophy-winners#15549
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 12:02 am

JWK24 wrote:
BUZZLIYEAR wrote:
someone's using too much of their own product. lol!   not that i'd have ever done it before Twisted Evil
huh???  scratch 

Way over my head I guess, cuz I cannot figure out what this means for NOTHING!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:56 am

Sorry to all over the confusion last night. It was my fault there were two games.

The good news is that both of them did count so it was an opportunity to score more points.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 10:05 am

For the Record

One of the teams has requested and received a roster change.  The new player will be FLSnookman and he will be added to Team Boozers, his accumulated points will be added to the receiving team's total score.  This players will replace a player that has been inactive for 5 days.  Good luck to all the teams and look for a new update here after the 5th.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 10:27 am

Team Results - Day 5

The first period results for September are in, and one of the teams has jumped into a large early lead.  However, it is very early in the contest, and there could still be some come from behind winners.

We have returned and we are only sporting two teams, but we will try to get back to three or four teams in the next few months as the attendance picks up.  Until then we still have a very impressive crew with one first time Captain adding to the competition this month.

Team "Wizards" Points – 98.69

Team "Boozers" Points – 37.17

Leaping into first place with an extremely strong combination of wins by Horsewoman72, Jordan2652, Psychovas, Rhino4646, Effsea, Nobisquit, and GandalfDwite  who combined to finish in all 5 tournies was team Wizards.  Congratulations to Horsewoman, Jordan, Psychovas, Effsea, and Nobisquit who all combined to post 5 of the first place wins as well.  

Allthough there was a collection of wins by several members of the team, including FLsnookman, Wetmoose 613, and Caseybaby1, Team Boozers fell short to land into second place.   Helping out with a first place win was Wetmoose.

When asked, Captain Johnny said,  "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself ...... oh and spiders."  

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Eff
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 12:01 am

For the Record

One of the teams has requested and received a roster change.  The new player will be Morganhell's and she will be added to Team Wizards, her accumulated points will be added to the receiving team's total score.  This player will replace a player that has been inactive for 5 days.  Good luck to all the teams and look for a new update here after the 10th.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:42 am

Team Results - Day 10

The second period results for September are complete, and one of the teams has maintained their early lead.  However, the second team is making a charge, and there could still be some come from behind winners.

We are only sporting two teams, but we will try to get back to three or four teams in the next few months as the attendance picks up.  Until then we still have a very impressive crew with one first time Captain adding to the competition this month.

Team "Wizards" Points – 156.07

Team "Boozers" Points – 98.23

Leading the way with first place and coming in with an extremely strong combination of wins by Horsewoman72, Psychovas, Rhino4646, Effsea, Nobisquit, and GandalfDwite, who combined to finish in all 5 tournies was team Wizards.  Congratulations to Psychovas, and GandalDwite who combined to post 2 of the first place wins as well.  

Allthough there was an awesome collection of wins by several members of the team, including Chelle867, FLsnookman, Tom905, Phoenix Maya, Julestubby25, Caseybaby1 and Johnny Oak, Team Boozers still fell short to land into second place.   Helping out with a couple of first place wins was Chelle and Julestubby, (who won twice).

When asked, Captain Johnny said,  "I think they woke up a sleeping giant."  

Johnny and Eff
Back to top Go down
chelle867

chelle867

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 4:59 am

lol... I sure have missed these! :)Thank you Johnny!
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:02 am

Team Results - Day 15

The third period results for September are in the books, and one of the teams is still holding on to their lead.  However, the second team is getting closer, and there could still be some last minute heroics.

We are only sporting two teams, but we will try to get back to three or four teams in the next few months as the attendance picks up.  

Team "Wizards" Points – 197.33

Team "Boozers" Points – 163.06

Remaining in first place and coming in with a strong combination of wins by Horsewoman72, Jordan2652, Psychovas, Rhino4646, Effsea, and GandalfDwite, who combined to finish in all 5 tournies was team Wizards.    

Allthough there was an incredible performance and collection of wins by several members of the team, including FLsnookman, Tom905, Phoenix Maya, Wetmoose 613, and Johnny Oak, Team Boozers was still fighting to land into second place.   Helping out with a couple of first place wins was Wetmoose and Johnny Oak (who won twice).

When asked, Captain Johnny said,  "We all are time travelers, going to the future. Just doing it at regular speed."  

Johnny and Eff
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 am

Team Results - Day 20

The fourth period results for September are done, and it still seems that one of the teams is trying to go all the way.  However, the second team has not thrown in the towel yet, and is still fighting.

We are only sporting two teams, but attendance is starting to pick up.  We had 18 players in last night's game  

Team "Wizards" Points – 271.87

Team "Boozers" Points – 206.31

Holding firm to their first place position and coming in with a strong combination of wins by Horsewoman72, Jordan2652, Psychovas, Rhino4646, Effsea, Nobisquit, and GandalfDwite, who combined to finish in all 5 tournies was team Wizards.  This included 3 first place wins by Effsea, Nobisquit, and GandalfDwite.   

Allthough there was a sizeable contribution and collection of wins by several members of the team, including Chelle867, FLsnookman, Phoenix Maya, Wetmoose 613, and Johnny Oak, Team Boozers was still fighting to land into second place.   Helping out with a first place win was Johnny Oak.

When asked, Captain Johnny said,  "Remember there are two kinds of people.  Those who get and forget, and those that give and forgive.  What does that have to do with poker, IDK."  

Johnny and Eff
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:08 am

Team Results - Day 25

The fifth period results for September are now complete, and one of the teams has lead from the beginning.  However, the second team has not given up yet, and is still trying to pull out a win in the end.

There are only two teams, but attendance is starting to pick up.  So hopefully we can expand it next month.

Team "Wizards" Points – 342.87

Team "Boozers" Points – 254.45

Keeping a tight grip on their first place position and coming in with a strong combination of wins by every member of the team including Horsewoman72, Jordan2652, Psychovas, Morganhell's, Rhino4646, Effsea, Nobisquit, and GandalfDwite, was team Wizards.  This included 2 first place wins by Nobisquit, and GandalfDwite.   

Allthough there was an awesome contribution and collection of wins by several members of the team, including FLsnookman, Tom905, Phoenix Maya, Julestubby25, and Johnny Oak, Team Boozers still find themselves in second place.   Helping out with 2 first place wins was Johnny Oak.

When asked, Captain Johnny said,  "The score doesn't matter, as long as I get to see Honeybee on the Wildlife Cam."  

Johnny and Eff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Tank Team Challenge   Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drunk Tank Team Challenge
Page 22 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next