Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Member rule board etc

Go down 
+14
Phoenix Maya
Razzys
dale442
mtnestegg
Jellikit
sandtrap777
wetmoose 613
BUZZLIYEAR
Brayleegirl
horsewoman72
zzHONEYBEEzz
Johnny Oak
gatehouse999
effsea
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BUZZLIYEAR

BUZZLIYEAR

New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:50 am

horsewoman72 wrote:
So my question is then, how have you determined that it is an intentional act on the part of players, and how do you determine in advance of playing with a person that a player would do this?? Again I would state if it is perceived as a problem is it not then an opportunity to counsel and educate as opposed to evict.

so how do you educate pork lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:06 pm

even i have noticed a change in the tank ...

i appreciate bonnie for getting me in here and all the learning opportunities i have gotten

since i have joined .ty for that ..... but i also have noticed in the short time here that as ppl are brought in others leave ...

yes it happens .. but if events changed the original intent of the way the tank was intended

then im all for fixing it ...

yes we all want to play . learn and have fun too .. but there is a limit ...

flower Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by megg23 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandtrap777
Admin
sandtrap777

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Just my 2 cents

Bonnie, I agree that you can't determine if it's intentional, unless the player plays 80% of his hands and does it night after night. Some players you can't educate, as they see this, only as play money and don't care. They will not spend time learning. For as long as the tank exist, I've seen bad players turn into good and very good players, why shouldn't they also?

Don't want to mention any names, but I can name 5-6 players that have learned a lot and have change their style of play to winning players

I know we have great people in the tank (unfortunately 20% of them don't post here) but, if people are going to shy away from the Tank 1 because of the few players who don't want to learn, I think letting go of 2-3 bad apples to save 5-6 good oranges, is better. no?

Maybe before taking the harsh decision, a good talk needs to be had with those players. I know it was done for one player and things had changed. It should be brought to the board and then the board puts it at a vote.

But overall I agree with John

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:18 pm

There is a great place for learning its called the PSO. I dont see anyone getting evicted only a well respected person John, voicing what many many of us have been thinking for a long time, and there is a long list of peoples who played here regularly that will not play in the tank any longer due to the play specifically. Knowing who some of those people are and far better players than I will be , I have to believe they are right. And those are the ones that made that tank a very competitive place to play, when we came to the tank it was with our A game.
Back to top Go down
Brayleegirl

Brayleegirl

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Just to clarify my response; I have great respect for John, Buzz, Sandmann, Dan, etc.........my opinion is strictly that, an opinion.

I played PSO; I have learned and continue to learn from the guys in the tank, thank you very much! Smile
Back to top Go down
gatehouse999

gatehouse999

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Is it the Tank that promotes hands like 7-2 and 10-4..?? Just saying
Back to top Go down
sandtrap777
Admin
sandtrap777

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 pm

gatehouse999 wrote:

I don't think that's the point Gate

The Tank doesn't promote playing 80% of your hands day in and day out. We still promote good poker and a friendly atmosphere

Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

PostSubject: Man!! I hope not!!   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:30 pm

I and another couple OT's (original tankers Wink ) planned and played an OSM night in the tank. Only two of us showed, but there were four of us gonna take part originally.
Anyway, we had a lil fun and did it. I hope on hope that our little prank wasn't misinterpreted by some newfs to be the way the tank is normally played. I would feel awful if this was the case, as the tank is without doubt where the best funny money games are played by far on stars imo.
I have watched (lurked) a couple times since, and was floored by what I saw. It was most def not the tank game I loved so much, and learned so much from.
If I was in any way responsable for that situation,by having one night of silliness with friends, I cannot apologize enough.
Imo keeping the tank1 being treated (at least semi) like a real money game will be the best for the entire club as a whole. We were (are) there to have fun yes, but also to play our A game against others bringing theirs.
As for prop hands, they're there for a once a week deal to add a lil spice and deeper thought to that game, not for every night (except eff lol)
As you all know, I haven't played in a coons age, so my opinion here prolly won't hold much water, but I thought I should express it nonetheless.
Again my apologies if I in ANY way contributed to any kind of decline of the quality of the play in my still beloved tank, Mike
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:29 pm

MT,

That isn't the point at all. Trap's 100% right on target.

John
Back to top Go down
dale442

dale442

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:50 pm

CHILLI 2 U wrote:
There is a great place for learning its called the PSO. I dont see anyone getting evicted only a well respected person John, voicing what many many of us have been thinking for a long time, and there is a long list of peoples who played here regularly that will not play in the tank any longer due to the play specifically. Knowing who some of those people are and far better players than I will be , I have to believe they are right. And those are the ones that made that tank a very competitive place to play, when we came to the tank it was with our A game.

Define "A" game?

DR
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: A Game   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Last edited by CHILLI 2 U on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dale442

dale442

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:21 pm

sandtrap777 wrote:
gatehouse999 wrote:

I don't think that's the point Gate

The Tank doesn't promote playing 80% of your hands day in and day out. We still promote good poker and a friendly atmosphere

100% agree!

If you are not willing to at least care about the game, you shouldn't be here. Although I do not believe there are many that don't.

It's difficult, in a play money game for all to take it with the same seriousness one would if it were their hard earned cash on the line. Raising, limping, calling light...part of the gig here. BUT, the less the better.

If it's only a FREE "time killer" here...Stay away and let others play. The proper thing, to think about the others whom do take the game serious, be it real cash or play money. PRIDE!

Or, if prop hands, or fav hands get played only here....
Or, only LAG when in here.....
Or,
Or,......

Lets play a good proper game AND have fun!!! cheers

DR drunken
Back to top Go down
dale442

dale442

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:28 pm

CHILLI 2 U wrote:
http://www.girlsgogames.com/game/turbo-charged-penguins.html

sorry all i could find in a hurry

Sorry Chilli, I'm a DR so you have to explain the relevancy of that link.

DR
Back to top Go down
sandtrap777
Admin
sandtrap777

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:52 pm

dale442 wrote:
CHILLI 2 U wrote:

DR

I know
I know
I know

It's "A" game, just like poker is "A" game and backgammon is "A" game

LOL
Back to top Go down
dale442

dale442

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:59 pm

sandtrap777 wrote:
dale442 wrote:
CHILLI 2 U wrote:

DR

I know
I know
I know

It's "A" game, just like poker is "A" game and backgammon is "A" game

LOL

Ahhhhh

Well above my level.

DR
Back to top Go down
Razzys

Razzys

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:39 pm

"Upholding the integrity of the tank, for me as one of the board members, is priority one in my book.. and there isn't a 2nd one."

JWk, thanks for taking care of our tank.

The tank has always been like sitting at a friends kitchen table, a bit of socializing, and a good game.

Every one chatted to everyone, and a newbie was always made to feel welcomed by the whole table.

The banter may not be serious but the poker is.

Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:06 am

someone should never be booted for bad play.....only bad actions..hiccup

cheers
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 pm

effsea wrote:
someone should never be booted for bad play.....only bad actions..hiccup

cheers

Thank You Effsea -- Yes those are my sentiments as well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:44 pm

MAKEING the tank into something it wasnt intended to be is a bad action...

it was for me a learning spot . with helpful ppl and friendly games ..

with ppl who took their play to mean something ...

pesonnal feelings should never mean more than the integrity of the tank ...

hummm maybe i misunderstood ... scratch

flower Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by megg23 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:00 pm

If the games are going to turn into a daily donkament... then I will not lower myself to being into link or hold'emass's games..... have fun in the lagtard donkaments......i'M DONE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 pm

alot of drama....hiccup

Well I think...lol

Anyways,

I for one.....have forgotten what the tank is all aboot..hiccup..eh

many times....but...

from the start.....anyone that was cool, and had respect for eachother....was a tanker,

plain and simple, good or bad....did not matter.

A private club...for sure.....so we can keep out the peeps like.....the one's that some replied toooo. ..lol

their I go again...hiccup

Look...A ton of great peeps here, we have made many friendships...ect.

Lets remember that.........there is a big group here....we can't always get along....hiccup

but will do our best to carry on...eff it

need a beer

cheers all

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:23 am

effsea wrote:
from the start.....anyone that was cool, and had respect for eachother....was a tanker,

Agree 100%... and when that's thrown out the door... they need to go with it.
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:46 am

ok.....I must have missed something.....

What are we talking about here?

bad play? or bad actions?

if their just bad...l'm ok with that, but if their just shoving all the time...l'm not.

What are we talking here....or what happened?

confused....hiccup

cheers
Back to top Go down
sandtrap777
Admin
sandtrap777

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 am

Eff

I'm sure there's more to it then just bad play

Ignoring your first rule..FUN
For many it's no longer fun with these kind of players

Some players are happy to be here so that they can learn
But, it makes it very hard for them to do so when you have players playing 80% of their hands and not caring.

The most troubling, is good players and long time Tank members staying away from Tank 1 with such players.

PS. Johnny is doing a hell of a job
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm

so....besides me...who else is the board thinking of booting?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member rule board etc   New Member rule board etc - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member rule board etc
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next