Drunk Tank Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Greatest Poker Club

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club vs Club

Go down 
+20
TEXASDUKE
SofaKingLazy
TrumpinJoe
Brayleegirl
Jordan2652
wetmoose 613
BUZZLIYEAR
QueenBee9979
moxie pip
Phoenix Maya
dale442
tom905
Nobisquit
chelle867
Jellikit
Morganhell's
mtnestegg
sandtrap777
effsea
Johnny Oak
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Club vs Club - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:59 am

SofaKingLazy wrote:
JWK24 wrote:
Blatant chip dump!

PokerStars Home Game Hand #81738420953: {Club Challenge} Tournament #569435400, 1000+250+50 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (40/80) - 2012/06/09 19:44:17 CT [2012/06/09 20:44:17 ET]
Table '569435400 4' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: joshuawood66 (4185 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 3: parker2704 (9055 in chips)
Seat 4: filly313 (4440 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 5: JerseyRon (10076 in chips)
Seat 6: sansara52 (4375 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 7: TrumpinJoe (11180 in chips)
Seat 8: Dirty Rook (774 in chips)
Seat 9: Phoenix Maya (5375 in chips)
joshuawood66: posts the ante 10
parker2704: posts the ante 10
filly313: posts the ante 10
JerseyRon: posts the ante 10
sansara52: posts the ante 10
TrumpinJoe: posts the ante 10
Dirty Rook: posts the ante 10
Phoenix Maya: posts the ante 10
TrumpinJoe: posts small blind 40
Dirty Rook: posts big blind 80
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Phoenix Maya: folds
joshuawood66: folds
parker2704: calls 80
filly313: folds
JerseyRon: folds
sansara52: folds
TrumpinJoe said, "ty"
TrumpinJoe: folds
Dirty Rook: checks
*** FLOP *** [3h Qc Kc]
parker2704: bets 80
Dirty Rook: calls 80
*** TURN *** [3h Qc Kc] [7d]
parker2704: bets 80
Dirty Rook: calls 80
*** RIVER *** [3h Qc Kc 7d] [Th]
parker2704: folds
Dirty Rook collected 600 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 600 | Rake 0
Board [3h Qc Kc 7d Th]
Seat 1: joshuawood66 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: parker2704 folded on the River
Seat 4: filly313 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: JerseyRon folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: sansara52 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: TrumpinJoe (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: Dirty Rook (big blind) collected (600)
Seat 9: Phoenix Maya folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Hey I know I wasn't there and you guys were but as an outsider in this issue I would say that this hand could also be interpreted as wanting to not show his cards so to not give you guys any info on what his range is.

just sayin'
jocolor

Nope, he was the worst of the chip dumpers. Dropped a 2.5k call from his team to a $130ish raise...
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 am

effin yes.......play again

What a blast playin and watching the tankers play.....effin a ton of fun

I am so thankful for johnnyoak putting this together,

imo....let them play or any other team play the effin way the want.....effers.....hiccup

We will play with our heads up and with respect of poker rules and players....win or lose

Once again...great playing last night peeps....was a great turnout and a ton of fun to watch,

cheers all

Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 am

hiccup

Back to top Go down
TEXASDUKE

TEXASDUKE

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 am

ok I signed up for the CLUB vs CLUB Sad very disappointed in it !!!! Its name is club VS club not every man for himself but it seems that our players didnt know this and it was take out our own players and the opposing players ?????/ then why is it club vsv club Yes there are rules but to pound your own players and throw chip stacks at each other realy isnt team play like the other team ( club ) was doing thats what team play does . Team play you dont try to take out your players but I have a different understanding on this . So I will not play another one and will bo thin k about EVER joining another one so Please do not think of the TEXAASDUKE as a player for theese type of games . I play in the others . Ever wonder why they have more players at the end of the tournement ? It dont take a rocket scientist to figure that one Smile

Good dya and have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 9:21 am

club vs club do'es mean to chip dumped etc.

There are rules in poker,

btw.....we won last night......hiccup

Yes it's a team thing...but I would think having club vs club, it's who finishes in the points playing within the rules....hiccup

If they had more players in the points.....great for them.....if not cool,

once again.....club vs club do'es not mean out right cheating

cheers

Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 9:44 am

cheers cheers cheers thanks all for all your support during the game last night. their (the underground) BLATANT (what in my eyes ) FLAT OUT CHEATING, along with you all's support really inspired me to play as well as i could.
also a big congrats to bray for a great final table performance! and all the tank squad who participated and got us the victory WITHOUT colluding.
i know some of you think we should've taken it ez on each other, but i just cant, and WILL NOT play poker that way. i don't play the tank that way, and hope you all don't either.
i know we have some fun with our "team" challenge, but personally, i play to win no matter if my "teammate" is on my table or not. it's cool to have other peeps to root for after busting out and what have you, but helping another in poker, be it by "gifting" chips, or soft play, is CHEATING plain and simple.
i 'm with JWK in this aspect that i don't think i'll be playing any more club challenges unless these blatant cheaters are removed from the club. it was painfully obvious who they were, so i don't believe i need to put any names out there.
all that being said, I LOVE BEATING CHEATERS and it felt extra good to take this one down!!!!
thnx again folks, and CONGRATULATIONS to the best damn home game club around for a job well done!!! cheers cheers cheers

'
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:11 am

I will play anyday of the week....I love being the underdog,

Why in hell would I let them stop me from doing what I love to do...hiccup

At least we know it...hiccup

cheers
Back to top Go down
effsea

effsea

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:19 am

The beauty aboot the tank.....hiccup

99.9% of tankers show nothing but respect for the players and the game,

Also most will help each other out in a second, or back them up,

You can say almost anything you want...please no c and n words,

You can voice your opinions, without a fear of a forum ban,

Win or lose, if there is another game, I will play, even if it's their 40 against me....hiccup

Very proud of our group.

cheers

Back to top Go down
gatehouse999

gatehouse999

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:46 am

The beauty aboot the tank.....hiccup

99.9% of tankers show nothing but respect for the players and the game,

Also most will help each other out in a second, or back them up,

You can say almost anything you want...please no c and n words,

You can voice your opinions, without a fear of a forum ban,

Win or lose, if there is another game, I will play, even if it's their 40 against me....hiccup

Very proud of our group.

cheers

What the Convict said x 1000000 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TEXASDUKE

TEXASDUKE

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:37 am

Its not the chip dumping i am talking about .Yes there are rules no doubt . im not talking cheating . funny how every one jumps right to chip dumpping and cheating and dont realise to soft play their team mates . its a free for all not a club against club " a regular tournement " and thats fine . I have played at a site that was forums against forums and team play I thought that what you have going on here but it wasnt . I dont see how you can get bragging rights against another club with it being every man for themselves . I laid down a few hands i should have gone after with just my team in the hand . I guess that was cheating not soft playing . MY appoligies and ILL never enter another one again from here not mad just dont feel that what you portray and how the games are played are right . just my oppinion . have a good day see ya all in the regular games . them are great games to play and the players are wonderful . I like your forums and the different points of view every one has . Good Day Smile TEXASDUKE
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:39 am

Guess I can throw out a thought or two on the subject.
First...major props to the final table and particularly Braylee for a terrific game, and of course, our undisputed champ last night, mtnestegg. Cyclops had just a great night. He came from behind in one hand, but that's poker. And, he had a lot of outs w/ a set on the flop, he had the chips to call, and his ship (boat) came in. cheers
Congrats to all the tankers on a job well done! Very Happy

With that, I personally was a little disappointed with how some of us behaved. The fine folks that run this club specifically asked that we handle ourselves w/ class and dignity, and imo, we fell slightly short in this department. But JUST SLIGHTLY! Wink The thing to me is, I had a feeling that we were on a winning night for our club, and I just didn't see the need for it, regardless of how we were doing. But winning, and accusing them of cheating...well, I'd be surprised if THEY want to play the rubber game w/ us.
I have to say, on the hand that JW provided, I can see the argument that Joker(Sofa) makes in why the player folded. I've done it before. If that player is semi-bluffing on a flush draw all the way, well why show that to everyone at the showdown? Now I didn't observe any table but mine until I was out, so I can't comment on other plays, but this hand really doesn't prove anything, so we just can't say for certain that it was a chip dump. To me, a chip dump is much more obvious than this, perhaps the other one described in this thread fits the bill better, but without all the info, we can't make that call either. Accusing people openly of cheating is a BIG DEAL in poker...facts MUST be 100% before doing this, not 99.

Now what Texasduke says here definitely has some merit.
Let me just ask, and really, be honest with yourself...if one of our teammates last night put in an early raise, how many of us may have folded a hand or two that we POSSIBLY would have made a call with in the drunk tank? I'm not saying everyone did...I really wouldn't know, but I will admit that in a heartbeat. And I have to say that I felt that it happened to me a few times. Some of you will call me down a lot more often then what I perceived you did in these club v. club games. Twisted Evil
And to me, THAT'S OKAY! As long as it isn't rampant. I remember one hand where Maya min-raised early, I was in BB and it folded to me w/ 87s so I decided to call. This really isn't something this nit is going to do a lot, but the gut said go, so I did. The flop came 87 (2, I think) and I checked. She put a c-bet out and I raised. Now, as you see, this isn't something we would do in soft-playing. I make this point to say that, while I may fold a few more hands than normal to my teammates in a tourney like this, I just don't let the "easy on my teammates" philosophy be the norm. Besides that, I know my teammates usually have better holdings than them. cheers
With all this, I definitely understand Tex's point, and even sympathize a little with it. But if I have the chance to double up through my team, and if you lead the betting the whole way or make bad calls, well...., I'm afraid that that IS going to happen. bom

I say, if they wan't the tie-breaker, bring it on! afro
We've obviously gained the info and knowledge on how their club plays and how to beat them, so to beat the soft-playing nancies in the rub, would feel even a little better than last nights win, which was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!

You all know I have mad respect for each and every one of you, and I am so grateful to JO and Eff for giving us the best place to play, and write about, poker that we can find, so I only post this in asking each of us to be a little introspective about last night. We'll only get better this way.
Dano alien
Back to top Go down
dale442

dale442

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Some good points made gang Very Happy

I think you can combine both team and individual play together. There is however, a very fine line between these two.

How one decides to play a hand against teammates is up to that person, at that time of the game. There are some tactics that can be used to help a teammate, without chip dumping ect. Exercising pot control, for instance, is one of many ways available to achieve this.

I was in that hand Dano that JW posted here. It sure as hell felt like blatent dump. Not going to showdown against a very short stack sure sets in motion the "Feeling" that it was passing chips along to a short stacked teammate in need of even a few chips. These types of plays, along with chat taking place at the tables last week, makes me believe that is was interpreted by me correctly. A dump. But as said by you, this is NOT 100% certain by anyone but the player folding in this case. By flat folding, he sure opened himself up to this opinion, yes opinion, of what took place in the hand.

I think there are always going to be difficult situations when you add a team aspect to an indivudual "sport". Nature of this beast, I believe.

I did not see the behaviour issues that you did. Mind you, i was ~trying~ Shocked to play 2 tables, so my ability to read the table chat, was limited.

Congrats to all whom played.

Dale
Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:05 pm

just a couple thoughts.... i personally played as i always play, to win, be it against friend or foe.
that being said, i can see where some would misinterpret the "club challenge" to be something different. ie: helping your club out and/or ganging up on the other. HOWEVER, in the club lobby it CLEARLY states this shouldn't be being done. i believe it says something to the effect of this is a fun challenge, no ganging up on the other club, and no taking it easy on ur own. just play ur game and at the end we'll see who has the most points. JUST LIKE OUR OWN "TEAM CHALLENGE"
i too, like dan, thought some of the comments made were unnecessary, as we ALL knew what was going on, and there wasn't a need to state (what to me was) the obvious. and our amazing manager asked us not to. and i BIG thnx to him for arranging these for us.
again, imho, i think by them playing that way they hurt their chances of winning, not helped, because they diminished their own chances to win by helping a lesser player on their team to stay afloat for a bit longer, thereby diminishing their chances as a team to get more points. and i make no apologies for the way i play.
i have however reconsidered my view of not playing these again, but be forewarned folks, I WILL BE PLAYING THE SAME WAY NEXT TIME.
and after thinking that some of you might have tried to "help" me in any way, it makes the win a lil hollow tbh.
i still think we have by a long stretch the best players in any HG club out there. and if we just play our game we will prove it each and every time we play... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
wetmoose 613

wetmoose 613

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:26 pm

just my 2 cents here .
good win last night and generally good play.
the team aspect is we are from the same group and hopefully trying to play our best as i do every time i play.the marginal hands we sometimes play may not get played against teammates but we dont play them every time either so is this soft play or a good decision vs good laff?

good job all
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:34 am

mtnestegg wrote:
it makes the win a lil hollow tbh.

i still think we have by a long stretch the best players in any HG club out there. and if we just play our game we will prove it each and every time we play... cheers cheers cheers

Do not let anyone make you think that your win was hollow, it was a great win and a good perfomance. We will need you again for the next game.
Back to top Go down
Jellikit

Jellikit

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:27 am

Mt, I hope that you don't think anyone was going easy on you. That isn't what my post was about at all. You played great as usual. I don't believe THAT happened for a second. Your win was well deserved. cheers
Back to top Go down
BUZZLIYEAR

BUZZLIYEAR

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:08 pm

lets get one thing right hear mt you playd the same style you always play and saterday night you playd sweet poker . well deseverd win congrats MT. and well playd to bray on geting second. you and mt geting 1st and 2nd made all the difference and well playd to all the tankers.as always.
NOW LETS GET THIS 3RD GAME ON AND FINISH THIS OFF...........
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Grudge Match

Ok Tankers, Here we go! This will be the final game for the Club vs Club Challenge. And it will be for all the marbles. So let's get ready.

The game is scheduled for June 16 at 8:00 pm EST and sign up is the same. Here's the catch. I am getting the implication from the other team that they feel the only reason we won in Game 2 was because there were more of us than them. The count was actually 21 to 25. So this time I have told their manager that I would do what I could to make sure we had equal sides.

So here is what I need you to do. I need at least 18 players to sign up for the game, and I will accept the first 18 that do. After that be sure to check the players column before you sign up. If the teams are equal Please Don't sign up. If the Tank is short, feel free to jump in.

I will be tracking who has signed up and messageing people if we get too many. I don't want them to have any excuses for why we kicked their butts. Also remember that they WILL be using a team play style, because that is how they roll. But we should still maintain our composure at the table, because that is how we roll.
Back to top Go down
mtnestegg

mtnestegg

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:01 pm

thnx guys for the kind words
i didn't post that to get back pats i hope you know... just speakin' my mind, as always.
i just don't like soft play tactics. if i'm in the minority and peeps think that's the way to win these things, just let me know and ill give up my seat.
thanks again.
i mean that, Mike
Back to top Go down
EasyChips4U

EasyChips4U

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Just a note...

the "other" club had more members than the Drunk Tank in the 1st match... (Tankers made up 18 of the 41 registered - Match 1)

but...

no one heard Tankers cryin foul, or unfair, or whateva... regardin the #s

hiccup

My thoughts...

Givin the dog a bone... Rolling Eyes

and mt...

I dun care what buzzonbi says... I think ur ok... Wink

Great game, great representation!

Drunk Tanks and Tankers Rock! Especially our Tanker Babes!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Brayleegirl

Brayleegirl

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Easy is correct, Tankers had less players the first game and I don't think we made an issue of it, did we??? Wink

Inquiry minds want to know, ok I want to know Wink does anyone have the statistic on how many of our players they eliminated vs how many of our own players we eliminated?? The Tankers played the way we always do in our own hg; with that said MT won because he played the best game, end of story. Great game MT!!! cheers cheers cheers

So let the past stay in the past and let the Tankers rock their world again! lol!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Johnny Oak
Admin
Johnny Oak

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Let's not jump to conclusions. There was a mismatch of players in both games but the reason was something else.

First you need to know that not all of the players who played were from the Drunk Tank and Underground. When I originally set this league up it was between two clubs, the DT and The Players Club. When I invited the third club to join I should have created a new club with all new members, but instead I used the same club which still had some of the old TPC players listed and they wanted to play too. So although the games we played were primarily supposed to be TDT vs The Underground, there were also some members of TPC included in both games. Not knowing this, it would have appeared to both sides that they were outnumbered because it would be natural to assume that all of the opponents were from the other team. It was my intention to keep the scores for all three clubs separate, because only I know who is who and on which teams, but no members of TPC actually finished high enough to score in either game so I did not think it would be a problem.

The truth is that DT and UG were not that far off, but we did outnumber them in the last game, but not as bad as she claimed since some of the players were not from our team. Any way I have suspended TPC for the next game so that won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Jordan2652

Jordan2652

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:54 am

Great win Mt Smile Smile
Great game Bray, u rocked girl Wink Wink
The tank rocked big time cheers cheers cheers
Now lets put the big Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation on this match
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:45 am

Brayleegirl wrote:
Easy is correct, Tankers had less players the first game and I don't think we made an issue of it, did we??? Wink

Inquiry minds want to know, ok I want to know Wink does anyone have the statistic on how many of our players they eliminated vs how many of our own players we eliminated?? The Tankers played the way we always do in our own hg; with that said MT won because he played the best game, end of story. Great game MT!!! cheers cheers cheers

So let the past stay in the past and let the Tankers rock their world again! lol!

Cheers!

Dunno what the exact #s were, but I saw JerseyRon with a double Tank knock-out and many others happening. Pretty sure the Tank took out as many or more Tank members than they did.

Personally, I plan on taking all of you out as well if I can play the next game. So, good luck everyone. Especially if I can't play that night...
Back to top Go down
SofaKingLazy

SofaKingLazy

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:34 am

Johnny Oak wrote:
Let's not jump to conclusions. There was a mismatch of players in both games but the reason was something else.

First you need to know that not all of the players who played were from the Drunk Tank and Underground. When I originally set this league up it was between two clubs, the DT and The Players Club. When I invited the third club to join I should have created a new club with all new members, but instead I used the same club which still had some of the old TPC players listed and they wanted to play too. So although the games we played were primarily supposed to be TDT vs The Underground, there were also some members of TPC included in both games. Not knowing this, it would have appeared to both sides that they were outnumbered because it would be natural to assume that all of the opponents were from the other team. It was my intention to keep the scores for all three clubs separate, because only I know who is who and on which teams, but no members of TPC actually finished high enough to score in either game so I did not think it would be a problem.

The truth is that DT and UG were not that far off, but we did outnumber them in the last game, but not as bad as she claimed since some of the players were not from our team. Any way I have suspended TPC for the next game so that won't happen again.

I always just suspend them till it's allowable to let them play again. I would also remind/let you know that there are at least two peeps in your club lobby who want into the Tank. Seems as if your skills and friendships are luring as well.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club vs Club   Club vs Club - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club vs Club
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next